Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Gear
This is the cam pulley off the right side head … the cam sensor lobes have been purposely graded off … is there a reason for this ? It starts and idles on cylinders 4,5,6 leaving 1,2,3 cold. I’ve replaced the pulley with stock and it will not fire. Replaced with the old one and starts up only running of the right bank…. It currently has an aftermarket link system ecu … I’ve replaced cam and crank position sensors, all 3 cylinders have spark/compression/ and fuel and still have dead cylinders 1,2,3. Can anyone help me figure out this puzzle ?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
normal reason to machine that part would be to adapt to the available trigger patterns of an after market ECU that does not natively support odd OEM triggers.
if you have a spark, fuel and compression it should run IF the spark timing is right. Could well be due to trigger pattern settings or other adjustments that you don't trigger the spark correctly. This would lead to them not running or just misfiring once in a while.

As all 6 cylinders have spark, fuel and compression and it actually runs and idles, I'd have a very close look at the ECU set-up. The link-ECU is very capable and also very configurable. Very easy to get something wrong.

May I suggest you call or contact link directly and ask them to have a look at your map regarding this particular issue? They may even send you a basemap that should be configured correctly.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

"You wont be able to run that pattern with a G4 ecu. You will either have to modify both the cam and crank wheels to something that will work or upgrade to a G4X. For the crank wheel you could grind off all teeth except leave 3 evenly spaced, and grind off all but a single tooth on the cam. "

1 - 3 of 3 Posts