Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello K20A.org!
My name is Nick and I'm from Sherrills Ford, NC (currently living in Chapel Hill attending school at UNC). I recently purchased a '93 Civic EX with a K20A2 swap so I figured it was time to join the forum. Before purchasing this car I had a built twin turbo '93 Rx7 that was a fun car to say the least, but not a realistic daily driver (15 mpg) for a college student. I also recently had a '93 civic ex with a LS-T swap that I had performed the swap on, pieced together the turbo kit and put it all together. But enough about that.. the specs for my new civic coupe are as follows:

1993 Honda Civic EX
136,000 on the chasis
'02 K20a2 RSX-S engine w/ 28,000 miles
Hasport Mounts
K20A Type R valve cover
RBC intake manifold
Custom Intake w/ cheap autozone velocity stack
SSR/DTR 4-2-1 Header
Greddy EVO 2.5" exhaust
Golden Eagle fuel rail
AEM FPR
Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
AEM EMS 30-1070 (RLZ tuned 185whp 130wtq)
Quaife LSD
Koyo Radiator
Odyessy light weight battery

Buddy Club P1 15x6.5 wheels/ TRUST lug nuts
Koni threaded coilovers
Omni front upper control arms
Funtion2 rear LCA
ASR subframe brace with 22m swaybar
98 GSR rear disc conversion
Front brakes: Axis metal master and brembo blanks
Spherical bushing and camber kit

Buddy Club P1 seats / MemoryFab super low rails
G-force 5 point harness
Nardi sterring wheel/ FET quick release
Custom Roll-bar
AEM Wideband A/F guage
Karcept shifter box
Optional Audio Console
Type R Shift Boot
DC5 Shift Knob (not installed in pics)
Integra Arm Rest
DC2 Type R back seats (only bottom installed)

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (pic on page 2)
Spoon style carbon fiber lip
Vision style amber corners
HID 6000K

Intended Future Modifications:
Hybrid Racing AC Kit
Traction Bar
RRC Manifold w/ Hondata gasket
'06+ TSX Cams
Possibly 3" exhaust (I like the way my 2.5" sounds)

I'm fairly knew to the K series and am use to working on rotary and B series engines so I'm looking forward to learning a great deal from this site. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my post and looking at my new car.

Here's the pics: (Updated Pics Page 2 including dyno sheet & videos)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
welcome! great looking coupe... good luck with it

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
:up: welcome man. I think it was listed for sale in here man. To let you know man and I'm not trying to discourage you, but the RRC doesn't run an IACV. At least that's what I heard. I think you just have to disable it in k pro. I'm behind you 100% with the RRC intake manifold. I've yet to see any one install it. All I here is someone saying there going to and never hear from them again. Yes it's suppose to make more hp over the RBC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. A Mack I actually found a site that sells an adapter plate that allows you to retain the IACV function for the RRC. I haven't personally seen one installed yet, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'm really enjoying the car and debating on cutting the roll bar out as it is very nice quality, but at the same time I want more of a daily driver. Other than that I just need find a IACV that doesn't cost $200.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New engine pic (just tried to hide some wires and mount the coolant reservoir somewhere to make it look a little better):

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Welcome aboard Nick. :up:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'm hoping to get it tuned by RLZ within the next couple weeks whenever they can fit me in.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
nicccceeeeeeeee

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone.. I'm getting it tuned by RLZ on the 21st.. just have to work out some idling issues with the IACV first. Hopefully I'll make decent #'s for RLZ's dyno.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts