Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello great site you got here! My engine siezed on my 96 gsr and i am looking into the possability of swapping in a k20a. I would probably get the motor from passwordjdm.com. I know i would need the hasport mount, fabricated hasport header, wiring harness, hasport axles, hondata kpro ecu, and 6-speed tranny.

I would just use it for street atm so the hasport axles should be fine for that. Not looking to spend too much on a header right away just want to get my car running.

I am planning on having this professionally installed but is there anything i should be aware of or make sure the shop guy knows?

Any parts i am missing or anything you don't think im aware of yet?

thanks in advance for the help, and to show i want to give back i made this thread: the k20, k20a post

I think i read that the forum was started by nikos so t.y. to nikos!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i need a new catalytic converter so any sugguestions on where to get that that will work well with the k20a and header?

Also i was told i also need:
Hybrid Racing Clutch line
Hybrid Racing Radiator Package (radiator and FAL slim fan)
B/D series coolant temp sensor and fan switch
Complete Fuel System
Custom Fit Fuel lines
OEM RSX shifter Box or Modified Accord shifter box
RSX Shifter Cables
Shifter linkage Clips
AEM Intake
'04 Accord Exhaust Manifold
Throttle cable
EP3 pulley and belt

i know the pully and belt is needed for AC but what is the rest of that needed for?

Finally is there any California BAR certification i need to do cuz my motor was odb2 already?

·
Registered
329 Posts
jteg96 said:
also i need a new catalytic converter so any sugguestions on where to get that that will work well with the k20a and header?

Also i was told i also need:
Hybrid Racing Clutch line
Hybrid Racing Radiator Package (radiator and FAL slim fan)
B/D series coolant temp sensor and fan switch
Complete Fuel System
Custom Fit Fuel lines
OEM RSX shifter Box or Modified Accord shifter box
RSX Shifter Cables
Shifter linkage Clips
AEM Intake
'04 Accord Exhaust Manifold
Throttle cable
EP3 pulley and belt

i know the pully and belt is needed for AC but what is the rest of that needed for?

Finally is there any California BAR certification i need to do cuz my motor was odb2 already?

Ill help a little since noone is respoding... You need the fuel system parts because the kseries is a non-return fuel system while your gsr is. so you have to use a FPR to solve that problem. Throttle cable is just because the gsr cable might be to short or to long(which can still be used but not clean look)
Your wont need hte exhuast manifold if you are buying new headers which i believe you saied you were...
Shifter box you can also use prelude shifter i believe wid some mods...
Radiator package is probly because you will need more clearance that your stock radiator/fan allow?

Good Luck Bro

·
Registered
198 Posts
does anyone have a link to the shifter box from AJ-racing.com ...i cant find it on the site :shrug:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill help a little since noone is respoding... You need the fuel system parts because the kseries is a non-return fuel system while your gsr is. so you have to use a FPR to solve that problem. Throttle cable is just because the gsr cable might be to short or to long(which can still be used but not clean look)
Your wont need hte exhuast manifold if you are buying new headers which i believe you saied you were...
Shifter box you can also use prelude shifter i believe wid some mods...
Radiator package is probly because you will need more clearance that your stock radiator/fan allow?

Good Luck Bro
Thanks very much for the response! I have to wait till the end of the month before i make any decisions. Do you see anything i might be missing? Also ill neet a new catalytic converter, any sugguestions there?

does anyone have a link to the shifter box from AJ-racing.com ...i cant find it on the site :shrug:
lol sorry i couldn't help you, did you call will at hybrid racing or just call aj racing and ask?

·
Registered
329 Posts
jteg96 said:
Thanks very much for the response! I have to wait till the end of the month before i make any decisions. Do you see anything i might be missing? Also ill neet a new catalytic converter, any sugguestions there?
If you are plannin on going with stock rsx cat obviously they always suggest to buy a new one but the used rsx cats arent going to be to old... maybe www.car-parts.com ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts