Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 Honda Accord coupe. It has a k24a8 I’m really interested in making it a relatively fast daily.. obviously I have to abide by certain guidelines I guess.. I’m in Arizona if that helps.. my experience with Honda is somewhat limited and I’m not a mechanic.. I did have an integra ls non vtec that I loved to bits but it was stolen outside a Hollywood night club before I could really do anything to it.. anyways any pointers or advice would definitely be appreciated.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
I recently purchased a 2006 Honda Accord coupe. It has a k24a8 I’m really interested in making it a relatively fast daily...
Welcome to K20a.org 5o4p_b :)!

The K24A8 isn't the best basis to start. Economic VTEC and a specific head design (combustion chamber, port) makes it challenging to put a performance iVTEC head swap on it to add some 20-30 ponies. The chamber side must be machined to fit the deck height of the K24A8 longblock.

A lot of ideas what you can do you will find here: Building a K24A8/K20A2 Hybrid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to K20a.org 5o4p_b :)!

The K24A8 isn't the best basis to start. Economic VTEC and a specific head design (combustion chamber, port) makes it challenging to put a performance iVTEC head swap on it to add some 20-30 ponies. The chamber side must be machined to fit the deck height of the K24A8 longblock.

A lot of ideas what you can do you will find here: Building a K24A8/K20A2 Hybrid
very cool thanks for the info I’ll check that thread out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do that thread you posted gave me a little better insight looks like a k20 head on it would be manageable. Besides that I’d probably just do minimal stuff to this car as it’s automatic. I did find kmod through a google search so maybe I could get a rolling chassis and just make a track car later on down the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea probably not a good choice..lol.. I found a tuner here that gives advice on possible builds.. I’ll probably do that then post here to see what you guys think about it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts