Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,688 Posts
Hi all. My project it to use the k20 engine in an Opel GT. Weird I know.
Wow...awesome...the very best car ever from Opel (we talk about the real GT, not the newer mis-copy, don't we?) and the very best engine on the planet in one project. AWESOME! Welcome Opelgt1972 to K20a.org :)!

But, wait! Why not using a THE best Opel engine ever, the C20XE, which is also one of the best 2.0 Liter NA engines of the 90'ies. It made with some effort 280 Nm and well over 300 hp at the flywheel. Also the Aftermarket is pretty good and the F28 gearbox would likely fit also under the shell, don't it?

Anyway, the OPEL GT from 1972 and the K20 engine from the 2002+ will give you an most unique Opel car even in the US :D. How did you get to the chassis. I thought those were only sold in Europe as an GM copy for the Corvette? Maybe Buick...anyway it was my all time Opel favourite car. Here in Germany good chassis are expensive...very expensive...talking about 6000+ € for a car with a good basis for welder art and action to do an project like you.

Welcome! I am really looking forward to read more about it!

Markus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, my Opel GT is from 1972 and they were sold here in the US. Buick import. I think the Honda engine will be easier for me to get. I have had my Opel for years. Now retired, maybe I can work on it! This on its way to my new place. First light in 9 years.

Attachments

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,688 Posts
Yes, my Opel GT is from 1972 and they were sold here in the US. Buick import. I think the Honda engine will be easier for me to get. I have had my Opel for years. Now retired, maybe I can work on it! This on its way to my new place. First light in 9 years.
Aaaahhh...I like that Chassis (black or red would be a fine color, fits better to the red valve cover :D), it's definitely the best one Opel which was ever designed. Does this import version also have the 1.6 or 1.9 CIH engines from the Opel shelf of that time?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,688 Posts
I'm sure it's the 90hp
So the 19S variant. In Germany this engine has a bigger fan population, because of the old RWD Opel Manta A and B, Kadett C and of course the GT Coupe. Only few kept the L-Jetronic stuff for tuning, most go with double Weber carbs, modified ports, valves and valve seats, some modify the cams and add a short final drive and ready is the all day street racer.

What is your aim for the K-series engine in terms of modification, or do you swap just a stock K-series engine with an custom intake and header?

Markus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll turn the engine of course. I want to use a manual transmission. I want to change the differential. Right now all is in the planning stage. Nothing set in stone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts