Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Literally been lurking on here for years. I have a a few kseries in recent years and even an S2k. I am somewhat of a Honda fan boy but even more of a car enthusiast in general.

Wanted to share my latest venture and document everything and possible even start a youtube channel.

Last fall (2017) picked up a very good example of a Datsun 260z. Actually purchased the car on ebay and I guess I got lucky lol. Now the plans were to keep the car as OEM as possible...but thats just not me lol..

So I went through number of potential engine swap ideas such as the typical RB swap or 2JZ even an LS.

But I want to build the car to be a street car as well as see sometime at the circuit. So I needed something light balanced and nimble that can also make power when I desire. So I made up my mind and decided to go to good ol faithful and source a clean k20a engine for the 260z and pair with a s2k trans.

Now this isn't going to be a super baller build nor am I a super baller.. just looking to build a reliable track rat with a k in it and share with you guys. Hope to make some friends along the way. Thanks! & happy motoring!

I'll try and post some pics of progress along the way.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
If it's a clean car, you're going to regret modifying it.

How about putting a K20/24 drivetrain in the back of a stripped-out Prius? No one's going to miss one of those, and frankly, the conversion would get you more thumbs-up than trashing an original Z.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a clean car, you're going to regret modifying it.

How about putting a K20/24 drivetrain in the back of a stripped-out Prius? No one's going to miss one of those, and frankly, the conversion would get you more thumbs-up than trashing an original Z.

Lol yea, but just doing a swap can always convert it back to OEM.

Body lines will remain the way they are doubt I would go super wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts