Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found nothing. I probably know the answer but this will be a reference for anybody that might have the same question. :p

K24/K20 setup in a DC chassis.

How are you all doing this? Is there an easy way to do this? I know the intermediate shaft and tie bar may have to be removed? Can it be installed from the top to get through? :up:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
No you have to get it from the bottom and on a lift. The sway bar brackets have to be unbolted and the sway bar lowered and out of the way.

Thats all our headers require to be installed on the dc5/ep3 chassis.

The DC might be different.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you have to get it from the bottom and on a lift. The sway bar brackets have to be unbolted and the sway bar lowered and out of the way.

Thats all our headers require to be installed on the dc5/ep3 chassis.

The DC might be different.
Thanks. I dont run a front swaybar so that helps. I tried for a minute and stopped. I guess Ill just raise it up higher next time. Thanks for the help. :up:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Wich DC chassis are you talking about? DC2 or DC5?

Either way you have to get the header at an angle and then it slides in from the bottom.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
That would be the same as a 92-00 civic.

You have to lift the car up enough to be able to angle the bottom (collector) of the header toards the front of the car (under the oil pan).

Then you can start putting the head flange up and above the half shaft, and at the same time bring the bottom of the header back.

That should be about everything you need to do.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just had to jack the car up a bit higher. I also had to remove the front tie bar as well. The header fits fine without contact. Thanks for all your help. :up:

·
Registered
311 Posts
sup migs. long time. bro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts