Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the tsx header fit in the eg with k24 swap. i heard the deck height on the k24 is higher so the header doesnt fit..is this true. I plan on aftermarket but if i can use the stock one for now to get running i would like to do that. Swaps gettin a bit pricey ya know. Thanks for any help!

Let me pop in one more question. What did everyone do for their exhaust? Is there a certain cat that will fit? Appreciate the input!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does the tsx header fit in the eg with k24 swap. i heard the deck height on the k24 is higher so the header doesnt fit..is this true. I plan on aftermarket but if i can use the stock one for now to get running i would like to do that. Swaps gettin a bit pricey ya know. Thanks for any help!

Let me pop in one more question. What did everyone do for their exhaust? Is there a certain cat that will fit? Appreciate the input!
Best way to find out... drop the motor in and see what you can do wid the header..if its not your daily driver anyway. If you really lookin into a cat you probly want one out of a tsx if your plannin on passing emissions clean....dont think to many people here are runnin cats...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uneek4L said:
Best way to find out... drop the motor in and see what you can do wid the header..if its not your daily driver anyway. If you really lookin into a cat you probly want one out of a tsx if your plannin on passing emissions clean....dont think to many people here are runnin cats...
luckily i live in wisconsin so i dont have to worry about that...im more worried about the noise actually thats why i want a cat. the car i want to be my daily driver too so thats why i was wondering

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also looking for info on which header will clear on the K24 EG. I currently have the Hasport header with a cat and 2.5" piping. The Hasport header is a good fit for the car with plenty of room. The design isn't geared towards max performance, but that's OK with me since it fills the bill on gettng the engine in the car and running. I have approx 6500 miles on the setupso far with no problems...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thanks for the info. you are the first person i have been able to find so far that has the swap completed in an eg. any other tips you got.. in know a few of us on here are in process of doing it...anything you got would be real helpful. I'm wondering though quick...is it hasport's production k20 header or is it a custom one you ordered that you are using? Also do you have the full k24a2 or are you using a crv/element/accord block with a rsx head? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 03 Accord engine with RSX trans. I mounted the shifter up under the dash on a tower so it works great. I just installed the Neuspeed short shifter and the solid bushings for better feel. Only took 30 minutes for both mods.

The header is for the K24. It has good ground and chassis clearance but isn't designed to extract high power from the engine...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts