Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a ep3 all stock besides cold air intake. I am looking into getting a k24a head. And the only question I have is would it fit? And if it did would I need a new ecu?

·
Registered
452 Posts
So I have a ep3 all stock besides cold air intake. I am looking into getting a k24a head. And the only question I have is would it fit? And if it did would I need a new ecu?
Yes the k24a head would fit.

Would you need a new ecu? The general answer being no.

However, assuming the head swap is for potential power gain and providing you want better engine efficiency, I'd assume you have Kpro in plans somewhere down the line.
This also matters if the K24a head you plan to use has VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams.

Why do you want to do that?
The K24a head casting actually allows for better mid range torque and is still a good head for top end power depending on which one he has. (PPL/PPA are comparable to K20a2/Z1 in flow but doesn't have dual VTEC; the K24a2 equivalent is not completely crap and offers VTEC on both cams)

·
Registered
256 Posts
It would be simpler to just swap a complete K24 in my opinion. You'd be making more power/torque everywhere. Granted, may be more expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts