Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order a head gasket for my k24a2 and the dealer said it only comes in a $200 kit. I dont need all the extra gaskets I just need the head gasket. So my question is do all the K24as use the same HG? Or can they be interchanged? I can get one for an 04 CRV for $50 but I want to know if it will work.

·
Registered
329 Posts
H2nr said:
I tried to order a head gasket for my k24a2 and the dealer said it only comes in a $200 kit. I dont need all the extra gaskets I just need the head gasket. So my question is do all the K24as use the same HG? Or can they be interchanged? I can get one for an 04 CRV for $50 but I want to know if it will work.
Get a aftermarket one from cometic :up:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rubbish. You can get a head gasket on it's own from a dealer (I have done so many times). They cost $50-$85 There are two main types of gaskets (for K24 or K20) which have different water passages around the bores. The TSX & Accord has less holes near #1-#3 cylinders, whereas the CRV & RSX has the holes more equally spaced. Apart from these two 'styles', both K24 and K20 gaskets are interchangable (one way only due to the difference in bore - you can't use the K20 on a K24).

Get your current gasket, go through the manuals and compare pictures (looking at coolant holes) to see what other models use the same gasket. Phone Honda/Acura and get prices for the gaskets (Sometimes a part will cost several times the price of the same part for a different model.) Buy gasket. Wipe hands on pants, rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
285 Posts
if they wont sell you just the head gasket, have you tried going to another dealership?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K2e2vin said:
if they wont sell you just the head gasket, have you tried going to another dealership?
yes, and they all said the same thing.

My wife is a service adviser at the Honda dealership here and we ordered in 2 different K24a head gaskets this morning (Nippon and Ishino). So I will be able to compare them in a few days. The only reason I started this post was because the part numbers are so different. The K24a2 has an RBB gasket and the other K24s use an RAA gasket. With the old B series stuff I have been working with for the last 7 years that usually mint they wouldnt interchange.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to bring this up from the dead but i need to know the part number for the oem head gasket for crv bottom/k20 head swap please.
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts