Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished my jdm k24a swap in my ek civic and I'm now getting codes p1259 vtech pressure switch malfunction and p0341 vtc phase gap . So I checked the cam timing by taking the valve cover off and everything looks spot on ,on both ends of the cams so timing looks perfect. So I replaced the vtc solenoid on the side of the timing cover with a new part and the vtech solenoid on the back of the motor has also been replaced prior to this problem cause it broke in shipping and btw I replaced it with a k24a2 American vtech solenoid so it would have the vtech pressure switch cause I thought I needed it. Well turns out my junk rywire harness doesn't have a pigtail for it anyways so I figured I'll just disable the vtch pressure switch in hondata prob solved. We'll after disabling it ,the light still comes on and now I have the other code too p0341 phase gap bullshit. I'm at my wits end with this shit I'm bout ready to sell it cause I'm just outta money and spent to much to begin with. Can someone help me cause I have a feeling I have my kpro set up wrong or I'm hoping I do and that's what's causing it but idk. And last question ,because my cars throwing p1259 code could that cause the p0341 phase gap code to come on too or is it a separate problem thabksfor the help guys

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw I'm curious I kno this shit sounds crazy but I was a b series guy years ago k shit is all new to me wen removing or replacing timing chain do u have to line up the different color links on the chain to the timing marks and if u don't could that cause the phase gap code?

·
Registered
535 Posts
The different colored links are there to help you line everything up. You don't have to put them on the timing marks as long as you ensure everything is still timed properly. You sure it's properly timed?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,140 Posts
Btw I'm curious I kno this shit sounds crazy but I was a b series guy years ago k shit is all new to me wen removing or replacing timing chain do u have to line up the different color links on the chain to the timing marks and if u don't could that cause the phase gap code?
Did you open the k24a after getting it or just install into the car? I know it can be frustrating but you’ve gotten this far. You’ve spent a lot of money and this is just one more obstacle to the finished product. I promise the k24a will be worth it coming from mainly b series cars myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts