Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I havnt posted in a while. Im still trying to get everything together for swapping a K24 into my all stock, super tired, 300k mile Civic Si. What do u all really think about which mount kit to use. I read a post about a month ago about this subject, but I cant find it now. Thanx :)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Re: Engine mounts

Rubber Chicken said:
Use Hasport mounts. The engine placement is better and the mounts are better designed and engineered.

Edit: I almost forgot - there were a lot of burnt out ECUs from the hybrid harness.
a burnt out ecu is the result of poor grounding. Read hondata's website for info on that.

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
lemonhead said:
HASPORT.....more products produced,been in the game longer which equals more experience and better products
I'm assuming that the only cars you own are Fords and Oldsmobiles. By your logic, they are the two oldest car manufacturers out there, they must have better products.

Not shitting on HASPORT products; just want to make sure people realize that your logic is flawed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Luder94 said:
lemonhead said:
HASPORT.....more products produced,been in the game longer which equals more experience and better products
I'm assuming that the only cars you own are Fords and Oldsmobiles. By your logic, they are the two oldest car manufacturers out there, they must have better products.

Not shitting on HASPORT products; just want to make sure people realize that your logic is flawed.
K shurlock.....since it's so SCIENTIFIC to state one's opinions and you need such an educated "LOGIC" to make a good solid opinion about one or another company then I'll gladly hand the show over to you so YOU can explain all of the wonderful LOGIC involved in your OPINION

as far as my decision that I stated....that's just personal and the reason I say HASPORT is because you already have to spend so much money to plant one of these in a car that I'd rather put my trust in a company that (ALREADY) has so much feedback rather than feeling like a gineu pig if you may...........THAT'S MY LOGIC WHAT'S YOURS DINGLEBERRY :shock: ?

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
lemonhead said:
Luder94 said:
lemonhead said:

K shurlock.....since it's so SCIENTIFIC to state one's opinions and you need such an educated "LOGIC" to make a good solid opinion about one or another company then I'll gladly hand the show over to you so YOU can explain all of the wonderful LOGIC involved in your OPINION

as far as my decision that I stated....that's just personal and the reason I say HASPORT is because you already have to spend so much money to plant one of these in a car that I'd rather put my trust in a company that (ALREADY) has so much feedback rather than feeling like a gineu pig if you may...........THAT'S MY LOGIC WHAT'S YOURS DINGLEBERRY :shock: ?
Let's break down your statement:

"HASPORT.....more products produced,been in the game longer which equals more experience and better products"

Tell me where there's an opinion in that statement. There is no sentiment of "I think...", "I feel...", or "I suggest..." presented in your first thought.

I also offered no opinion. My statement:

"I'm assuming that the only cars you own are Fords and Oldsmobiles. By your logic, they are the two oldest car manufacturers out there, they must have better products.

"

Points out that by your train of thought, Fords and Oldsmobiles would be the best cars out on the road because they ARE the oldest car manufacturers out there.

Clearly Ford and Oldsmobile do not produce the best cars out there, regardless of how long they've been 'in the game' versus other car manufacturers.

In response to: "K shurlock.....since it's so SCIENTIFIC to state one's opinions and you need such an educated "LOGIC" to make a good solid opinion about one or another company then I'll gladly hand the show over to you so YOU can explain all of the wonderful LOGIC involved in your OPINION"

So to point out the obvious, as Sherlock Holmes did many a time to Dr. Watson, all the readers should know that just because a company has been making products longer than another, they aren't necessarily better or even have more experience in making better products. Educated logic is really an oxymoron. Logic is just that, logic. It needs very little education....logic is the rule to which there is no exception. If there was an exception to a rule, then by all reason, the rule is not very logical. Look, now you've got me reciting things I learned from Philosophy 101 in my freshmen year of college (close to 10 years ago).

And finally: "...as far as my decision that I stated....that's just personal and the reason I say HASPORT is because you already have to spend so much money to plant one of these in a car that I'd rather put my trust in a company that (ALREADY) has so much feedback rather than feeling like a gineu pig if you may...........THAT'S MY LOGIC WHAT'S YOURS DINGLEBERRY :shock: ?"

Finally, there's an opinion in one of your statements. You're right, there is a lot of feedback on HASPORT; both positive AND negative. My logic is your logic...hopefully. We already know that our opinions aren't the same. Let me retort with some immature name calling as well. You're a dog fart after some milk.....I'm rubber, you're glue, now whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you....nana-nana-boo-boo. :roll:

·
Registered
75 Posts
You've got to much sand in your pussy piglude94 I think you would fit in well over at H-T.......all a bunch of losers that spend their time fighting over who's right and who's wrong.

you may have a masters degree or whatever you have that makes you feel so much more educated but dont forget to look at who made the first comment...DUMMY....lol

Ford and Oldsmobile both suck so your assumption is wrong sorry to dissapoint ya Mr. bigwords

SUPERMAN is here trying to turn peoples opinions into an argument that makes them look like they are trying to spread internet rumours and ignorance TAKE THE DAY AWAY BUDDY :roll:

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
lemonhead said:
You've got to much sand in your pussy piglude94 I think you would fit in well over at H-T.......all a bunch of losers that spend their time fighting over who's right and who's wrong.

you may have a masters degree or whatever you have that makes you feel so much more educated but dont forget to look at who made the first comment...DUMMY....lol

Ford and Oldsmobile both suck so your assumption is wrong sorry to dissapoint ya Mr. bigwords

SUPERMAN is here trying to turn peoples opinions into an argument that makes them look like they are trying to spread internet rumours and ignorance TAKE THE DAY AWAY BUDDY :roll:
I got too much sand in MY puxxy?!!! You're the one that mouths off about logic and opinion and dingleberries. No one attacked you until your ignorance started.

What's funny about your H-T comment is that I suggested that you were a H-T implant yourself....in fact, after searching through your 17 or so posts on this forum, it looks like you have a bit of a short and ignorant fuse anyay. I easily found three other posts where you spout off like a child. Seeing that reading comprehension isn't a top skill, let me spill it out....I DO NOT THINK FORD OR OLDSMOBILE BUILD BETTER CARS! I was just proving a point.

Not that it matters but to show off a little, I do have not one master's degree, but two. .....and I'm done with this topic and this nitwit.

·
Banned
320 Posts
I'm not taking sides in this argument, but Lemonhead you need to ease off on the name-calling and insults. Stick to facts and opinions ok guys? Thanks. If you want to call people "dingleberry" or tell them they have "sand in their pussy" go ahead and do that on H-T but not here.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
It doesn;t look like this thread is going to provide too much information to someone who is trying to decide between the two kits. I think an OBGYN is probably going to get more useful information about this...

I understand people being passionate on what they support and in many ways I am the same way. Take porsche for example. When people at work try to tell me that the corvette is a better car than the 911 turbo, I get mad... lol

Please remember that there are a lot of people that spent their valuable money on parts you would never consider buying. Some of these people buy these parts because the moderator of a forum has them, or they like the name brand or someone told them they have better chances finding a JDM girlfriend...lol No matter the reasons, please respect that.

Do some research and form your own opinion. Try to keep this technical and not personal. Many, many people have actually used products from both companies for their swaps. If I knew that a part is bad and defective, I would make sure, k20a.org knew about it.

As far as the hybrid racing harness burning ECUs, I don't believe it. There are cars with 20K miles using that harness with no problems. I have talked to both Brian and Will and the harnesses are not identical. they both get the job done using different ways.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Re: Engine mounts

Rubber Chicken said:
Edit: I almost forgot - there were a lot of burnt out ECUs from the hybrid harness.
No, there were a lot of Burnt ECUs w/ hondata's early KPROs becuase if ANY vertical force was put on the USB cable the metal plug touches the metal housing and any sort of not perfect ground will result in a burn. Just b/c hybrid was the FIRST with a harness which many of the EARLY Kswap people used doesn't mean it was the harness. I used my Stock ECU w/ the hybrid harness for 3 months and the KPRO for 5 and didn't have a problem until a bump made the cable pull and metal on metal = burn.

And what do you have to say about early KPRO's burning with STOCK HONDA HARNESSES IN RSXs?

Don't hate on hybrid their harness is a great product. Hondata's KPRO is a great product, the initial design was flawed which (and I wonder why..durr) WAS REDESIGNED TO ADD A FOAM SPACER SO THE METAL CAN'T CONTACT THE CASE

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.