Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may have noticed, but for those who haven't here's the press release.

Hasport has released redesigned versions of the EGK1, EKK1 nod EKK2 mount kits. The change is to the rear mount and bracket on these three kits. The old kit had the rear bracket bolting to the subframe and the mount bolting to the transmission. The new kit turns that around improving strength of the mount kit.

The new rear mount now bolts to the rear subframe instead of the transmission. The bracket it replaces originally bolted the location of the stock mount and needed extra support from the steering rack mounting bolt. The new billet mount is stiffer and doesn't require this extra support. There's an additional benefit if you have a right-hand drive car, now no extra parts are needed.

The new rear bracket mounts to the transmission replacing the large aluminum mount that originally picked up only two of the bolt holes. The new bracket distributes engine torque forces over three bolts holes instead of two. With many turbo drag cars making in excess of 1000 hp and using solid mounts, well it was time.

brian g

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
oh wow, nice stuff! still like my original egk1 for now lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes this makes an incredible difference in the EG/EK's for RHD. No longer do you have to weld an extra bung for the rear bracket. This new design is really nice and engineered to work. I was super surprised that the rear mount cleared the power steering line. No longer having to modify that as well.

WOW. didnt realize you posted that last year. LOL

·
The Professional
1,871 Posts
I still see no benefits to buying EKK2's over EKK1's.
ekk1's are a lot harder on axles. I'm on my 3rd set of hasport axles (just street driving. no racing, launching, etc.) and i'll be damned if those mounts aren't part of the cause. Definitely go ekk2 i wish i had. Actually i'm curious Brian, do the new ekk1's provide better axle angle?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.