Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hasport is now releasing their new K-series swap header for EG, DC and EK. The header will fit both K20 and K24 and provides increased ground clearance over the TSX header that many people have been using. It will also fit the EF k-series engine mount kit that will be released in several months.
The price of the header will be $399.

brian g

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a little large to bolt up to the stock cat, it's 2.25" out. The cat would have to be moved back also.

As for dyno results, we have only tested the header on our K24/20 frankenstein with supercharger and a stock K24A2. Since I don't have anything to compare it against, it not really a valid test. I will try to get somesort of header to test it against.

The headers are mild steel and ceramic coated.

brian g

·
Registered
32 Posts
my friend just got the header...

i was dissapointed at the quality and workmanship of the header :(

the welds were all over the place, the flange was mis-aligned, there was left over beads of the welding stick all over the thing, we had to re-tap the o2 bung because of all the welding dribbles all over the thread...

it seems like these are just beeing masssssssssssss produced and not really looked over, because of all the defects...

i dont know, could me buddie have just gotten a "defective" header??

i was planning on getting it, but after seeing his i dont know if its worth the money :?

il take pictures and post them up soon...

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Nerologic said:
my friend just got the header...

i was dissapointed at the quality and workmanship of the header :(

the welds were all over the place, the flange was mis-aligned, there was left over beads of the welding stick all over the thing, we had to re-tap the o2 bung because of all the welding dribbles all over the thread...

it seems like these are just beeing masssssssssssss produced and not really looked over, because of all the defects...

i dont know, could me buddie have just gotten a "defective" header??

i was planning on getting it, but after seeing his i dont know if its worth the money :?

il take pictures and post them up soon...
I got mine a couple of months ago, and its fine. Some of the welds weren't as nice but they weren't important. The welds were nice in the important places. I don't realy give a shit what it looks like as long as it works. For the price i can't complain too much.

I can understand about o2 bung having to be redone, that would bother me a little, but its not that big of a deal and can easily be fixed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.