Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Type-S swap now :D and was wondering which mounts to use. Hasport or Hybrid-Racing? :confused: Or if there is any other options as far as mount kits. I have been looking at the instructions Hasport and Hybrid-Racing mounts for EG and was wondering which one is better. It looks like the Hybrid-Racing mounts change (replace) both factory driver and passenger side mounting locations(frame rail mount), where the Hasport just changes the passanger side mount only(frame rail mount)(USDM Car). This will for a Road Race car so on top of bolting the new mounts to the frame rails i will also weld them in. But i wanted anyone that has one or the other mount kit there opinions and likes and dislikes of there mount kit. also does anyone know if there is a difference in the placement of the engine between the mount kits? up, down, left, right and straight-up or tilted foward or backward. And most importantly axel alignment. Everyone, :up: Thank You in advance for the Help

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
i am using Hasport mounts and i wouldnt use anything else ! Since you are road racing, Hasport also has stiffer bushing mounts so that you can use also. Either kit, you will have to change out all three mounts. I'd go with the Hasport mounts, they are very reputable, and since they have been around really long, i would trust them the most. Ive never had a problem with my mounts at all, i think the Hasport ones are better quality anyways, and the way they position the motor, you dont ever have to worry about snapping axles.

HASPORT ALL THE WAY !!!! Check out my threads on my race car... you'll see the mounts in there with my ITB's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For a while I was leaning towards the Hasport mounts, Now even more towards the Hasport mount kit. Not knocking the Hybrid-Racing mount as there kit looks just as good. Does anyone know anything about the Avid mounts? They also look pretty good. :up: or :down:

·
Registered
644 Posts
After much research I decided to go with the Hasport mounts. Like it was said they have been doing this for a while so they are a company you can trust. Both mounts seem to be excellent so I based my decision on swaps that were posted on the web. To be honest with you, 95% of the swap pictures that I saw were using hasport. The fact that I got them for a really good price helped too. Hybrids would had cost me $100 more.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I just recently talked to Will at Hybrid Racing and confirmed that i will be sending him my K24a2 TSX tranny shortly for him to make some mounts for me to use it. It is a slightly different mounting and I was told that all the new trannies would be getting switched to these mounts.

:up: :up: for Hybrid

·
Registered
599 Posts
jon v said:
I just recently talked to Will at Hybrid Racing and confirmed that i will be sending him my K24a2 TSX tranny shortly for him to make some mounts for me to use it. It is a slightly different mounting and I was told that all the new trannies would be getting switched to these mounts.
That's not correct, only the Accord and TSX will use those mounts.

brian g

·
Registered
501 Posts
brian g said:
That's not correct, only the Accord and TSX will use those mounts.

brian g
Actually all of the 05+ k series tranny's are going to use the TSX style mounts. Honda had changed the style to make them all the same for the 05+ trannys (which makes sense)

Above stated is not fact but what I have heard a couple times on this forum so please if you know for a FACT this is wrong, please correct me.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Actually all of the 05+ k series tranny's are going to use the TSX style mounts. Honda had changed the style to make them all the same for the 05+ trannys (which makes sense)

Above stated is not fact but what I have heard a couple times on this forum so please if you know for a FACT this is wrong, please correct me.
Consider yourself corrected. For a fact the 05 RSX transmissions uses the countershaft speed sensor like the Accord and TSX, but the same RSX mounts.

brian

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
brian g said:
Consider yourself corrected. For a fact the 05 RSX transmissions uses the countershaft speed sensor like the Accord and TSX, but the same RSX mounts.

brian
Interesting...

Did you guys ever get your TSX/Accord mounts going? I think I remember you said something about a land speed car or something? You mentioned you might be making a set of mounts for the magnesium tranny. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
hybrid racing said:
Just to clarify the information regarding the tranny differences for the 05' model that Jon V. posted was not obtained from Hybrid Racing.
No it was not, someone else had told me that... :eek:

·
Registered
599 Posts
jon v said:
Interesting...

Did you guys ever get your TSX/Accord mounts going? I think I remember you said something about a land speed car or something? You mentioned you might be making a set of mounts for the magnesium tranny.
We've built some prototype mounts for the TSX/Accord trannys to fit the engines in a couple of cars. The first ones we will release will be for the 94-97 and 90-93 Accords. They'll come out some time before SEMA.

I am also using the TSX/Accord tranny in my Insight land speed racer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow :wow: , This is some good stuff. Thank you all for the info. Now with the current hasport mount kit in a EG with an 03 Type-S swap, will it require a new trans mount with an 05 Type-S or ITR transmission? What about the rear mount, does that stay the same? just wondering. Thanks All :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.