Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys all know, I love my HASPORT mounts so much that I really stand by them... To clear up this whole thing about people worrying about the oil pan sitting too low, well, this should answer your question. I can only say this about the Hasport mounts, but there should be no worries at all about the oil pan clearance. To test how low you can you go with these mounts before hitting the oil pan, I took matters into my own hands! Since I am on on my Zeal Coilovers, I dropped the car as low as possible, dropped it a good 2 1/2 - 3 inches and even threw on a set of 13 inch rims to drop the car even closer to the ground. Let me tell you that nobody should ever have their car this low in the first place, so do realize that the clearance height that is in the picture is of the oil pan clearance when the car is super slammed. if you are just dropped on regualr old sprigns or coilovers, you should get like 1 inch to 2 inch higher clearance. Anyways, with the car being this low, i drove it around for a good 4 days around the bumpy freeways of couthern cali and on the shitty old streets at pretty fast speeds, not one time did i ever hitthe oil pan at all. So to get this straight once and for all, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT OIL PAN CLEARANCE WITH HASPORT MOUNTS ! Sure, they are lower than your regular b-series oil pan, but its nothign to sweat, i run the shit out of this car all the time and still no problems at all... Look below for some pictures i took of my lil experiment before i pull out my motor and do some building..... Courtesy of the OverRev Magazine company camera ! Sorry i dont know how to resize the pictures !

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Yea homie your shit isnt showing up but it is pretty damn slammed.

Edit nevermind now it is. Fix the pic though its too big. In fact i tihnk i will.

:p

·
Registered
458 Posts
i dont know man, i lowered my car for the first time with the k in it, i have h&r Race 2.5 drop with 195/50/15 tire. i can get barely 3in of clearence for my ek with hasport mounts. my solutions are to either get bigger tires or go with some 1 in drop springs.
Hasports are excellent mounts, raised anymore would hit the hood i believe.

·
Registered
599 Posts
vuaccordla said:
i dont know man, i lowered my car for the first time with the k in it, i have h&r Race 2.5 drop with 195/50/15 tire. i can get barely 3in of clearence for my ek with hasport mounts. my solutions are to either get bigger tires or go with some 1 in drop springs.
Yeah the EK vs. EG/DC engine placement are not anywhere near the same. The hood slopes down as it goes forward so the farther forward the engine sits the lower it has to be. Unfortunately the EK rear crossmember interferes with the differential housing on the K-motor.

That's why we are getting ready to release the NEW EKK2 kit. The new kit is designed to be used with the EG rear crossmember, lower control arms and rack. It moves the engine back several inches and up like the EG. We'll still offer the old kit for people who don't want the added expense of the EG modification or have ABS.

brian g

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or if you get some pretty decent coilovers, you can drop your car pretty low and it wouldnt hit. Stiff suspension really kicks ass ! you'll have a lot of fun with sticky tires, stiff suspension,a k-motor and a big corner ! haha

·
Registered
198 Posts
vuaccordla said:

thats pretty close ... :confused:

·
Banned
320 Posts
Who is interested in an aftermarket oil pan with a kicked out sump to maintain the same capacity but give more clearance? Is there room in the K20 oil pan to do this (lift the floor of the pan) - I never looked? I might be able to get some made up if there is enough interest...

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
909edge said:
Who is interested in an aftermarket oil pan with a kicked out sump to maintain the same capacity but give more clearance? Is there room in the K20 oil pan to do this (lift the floor of the pan) - I never looked? I might be able to get some made up if there is enough interest...
i was wondering when someone was going to make one. if you have the capabilities. i say do it. i'm pretty sure people would pick them up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.