Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well I got my hasport header today and te coating on it looks great. The welds on the other hand suck ass, they are spread pretty far apart to be tig welded and one of the welds isnt even sealed all the way, there is a hole that you can see through. Some of the welds are gobbed up and shit The flange is welded to the tubes from the inside of the tubes and those welds are pretty crappy as well. I guess I will have the hole in the weld welded up and put it on the damn car just to get my shit back running again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the hasport is a good header for those that are doing a k-series swap on a budget. they tried to get something out fast for poeple that dont have the money to spend 1500+ on a header.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
OK we know what you are saying...

But you have to understand that The amount that you paid it what you get...

Ya, if you paid $1200+ for them is a different ball game.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Yes but the price they charge is about the same as a regular DC header, and although those aren't the best headers in the world I have never seen one where the welds weren't all the way sealed...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man I know you get what you pay for but I am on a budget. But hasport is a reputable company and this welding is the worst. there were 3 welds that wernt sealed. and they could only get 2 of the holes sealed up. I figured $400 for a header that it would be a pretty nice one but no jewl.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello Josh,
I sent you a PM two days ago offering to replace the header, I agree with you 100% that holes in the welds are unacceptable. I would like to get it back so I can hit the vendor (and the guy who shipped it) over the head with it. Let me know if I can help and thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
929 Posts
kewl for offering to take care of....
is shipping included????

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i never got the PM. But I sent you one. Thats cool if you guys are going to replace it. I was going to have my firend thats a welder fix it and put it on my car. I was wanting to get this swap in the car by the end of the week and possibly running, but I wait for a header that was in good condition.

also I had found 2 more holes in the welds.

·
Registered
537 Posts
keithg said:
Hello Josh,
I sent you a PM two days ago offering to replace the header, I agree with you 100% that holes in the welds are unacceptable. I would like to get it back so I can hit the vendor (and the guy who shipped it) over the head with it. Let me know if I can help and thanks for the feedback.
Awesome Customer Service!

Anyone else that wants to stay in business and increase your customer base take notes...*cough* BKNW *cough*

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello Josh,
I don't know whats up with the PM, but I didn't get your's either...you can call Hasport or email [email protected] and we will take care of you including shipping both ways. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i sent you an email, Ill do what it takes to get this thing back by the end of the week or monday of next week. I would like it asap though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
keithg said:
Hello Josh,
::thumb up::

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: hasport header... thumbs down

It's hard to go buy the "you get what you paid for" shit, when hasport has always been a company that people trust to put out high quality stuff. If I saw a header from hasport for $400, I would jump on it also and expect it to be great just like all of their other products. I would just think that they were selling a great product while not trying to rape their customers wallet.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

PLANBmotorsports said:
I would just think that they were selling a great product while not trying to rape their customers wallet.

That's not there motive..Trust me...

They are going to take care of the problem as soon as they can..

I deal with them a lot... :D

·
Banned
70 Posts

It's a new product and aren't headers an entirely new area of the market for HASport? There are going to be some issue w/ the first batch of any new human made mass-produced product (KPRO for example) no matter who it's from.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

joestypes said:
It's a new product and aren't headers an entirely new area of the market for HASport? There are going to be some issue w/ the first batch of any new human made mass-produced product (KPRO for example) no matter who it's from.
YES SIR , that's ture...

They new set should be very nice... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.