Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
#2 said:
I'm looking to get a set (as back up) and was just wondering if the quality had improved?

Last i had heard, it seemed everybody was breaking them.
Hardly everyone... I think I have heard of 3 people that had problems.. Considering there are around 200 ek/eg K hybrids that use them.. not bad at all.

·
Registered
384 Posts
nikos said:
Hardly everyone... I think I have heard of 3 people that had problems.. Considering there are around 200 ek/eg K hybrids that use them.. not bad at all.
damn are there that many k-swapped hybrids running around? how would someone keep track of em all?

all 200 of them are using hasport stage1 axles?

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Well that is a rough estimate of K hybrids using hasport mounts.. The assumption was that most of them use the hasport axles.. I got this number of Hasport a few months ago. If you think about it, it makes sense.. They started selling the EK mounts around 16 months ago.... and the EG around 10 months ago... So on average...20 sets per month sold to consulers throught the dealer network. A lot of these are drag racers and other people that never go online... just pay someone to do it all... etc..

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
most of the time, people break their axles because they dont know how to launch their cars.. .they assume since they are aftermarket that they are unbreakable.... when you just step down on the clutch all the way down and just drop it, you can easily snap any aftermarket axle.... basically what i am tryign to say is that they are good axles !

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
2fastxeg said:
most of the time, people break their axles because they dont know how to launch their cars.. .they assume since they are aftermarket that they are unbreakable.... when you just step down on the clutch all the way down and just drop it, you can easily snap any aftermarket axle.... basically what i am tryign to say is that they are good axles !
Is that what you are running? Hasport axles?

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
I am actually running the DriveShaft Shop Stage 6 axles....... they have been workign out fine for me, i have done million hard ass launches on slicks and still no problems at all....

On My street car that we have which we used as a daily driver and weekend racer, we used teh Hasport Axles too, and we never had any problems with breakage.... liek i said, people break axles because they do not know how to launch their cars... If you just drop your clutch and gas it, you will surely snap those axles, but if you learn to pre-load, you will save your tranny and your axles... it puts away lots of unneeded stress... by the way, Hasport gets theis axles made my Driveshaft Shop to their Hasports custom specs...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Am I the only one using all Honda driveshaft parts in a K20/EG swap? It seemed the easiest, cheapest and most reliable setup when I did my swap (but then at the time I did the swap [2003] I don't think there was any choice).

2fastxeg said:
most of the time, people break their axles because they dont know how to launch their cars
This was confirmed in my mind when I saw a 99 Si with a stockish B16A on street tires break two axles in the same day at the drags. I see videos of people dropping the clutch with no pre-load on the transmission and I wonder why they don't break more drivetrain parts...

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
2fastxeg said:
so what your saying is, anyone that has broken a pair of these axles doesnt know how to drive? lol most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. lol. too funny. your a character. :cool: why dont you call hasport, and dss, and ask them about their heat treating problem they were having a while back, when people were breaking these axles. its funny, a known reputable company puts out a product that can handle 400hp, and since it doesnt handle the 4o0 claimed hp it should, people like you post stupid responses like this. oh well.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Ok, time to cool down now. I deleted all the bs posts.

Yes, there was a problem with the axles. Yes, they did something about it. Yes, Honda OEM axles are strong as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what oem axles would i use on a k20a swap in an 98 civic coupe i would rather use oem if i could cause you can buy replacement ones at kragen,autozone,pepboys alot cheaper then 400hp axles from an aftermarket company.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts