Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea looking for anyones input in this area. I own a EG which i will be using. Call me dumb for making this thread but can anyone go in to more detail where all these connectors go?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
pictures would probly help... Not me because I don't know, but maybe someone else...

It didn't come with directions?

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
we used it twice and had some trouble with the wiring on it, burnt up one of our ecus too.... i would just stick to using the Hasport ! they are the best and the quality is way better !

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I'm running one and it works like a charm. There's 2 parts to it, the main harness and a little sub-harness for the plugs located on the driver side firewall.

It's straight up plug n' play, but its up to you to tidy up the wiring with wire loom & zip ties for a clean look, and you'll have to make your own charge/battery to starter harness which isn't hard to do.

There's just some minor splicing work you need to do; tapping into about 5 wires off your existing EG underdash harness in order for your gauge cluster to work correctly and have fuel pump activation.

I fully recommend this harness, altho I'm sure the Hasport & Hybrid-racing harnesses are just as swell..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to sound so dumb about something like this, but i was just wondering where the plugs went that didnt come labeled connect to.

Where do the bigger connector and the smaller one thats loomed with the 5 hanging wires connect to?

And these are the extra 5 wires i have to wire in right? Where exactly to the dash harness do i wire those is?

Here's the 3 connnectors i have no idea where they connect to.

And heres a pic of the ground, and the connections for the fan switch and temp. sensor.

Which brings me to my next question, Katman, How did you run your temp sensor and fanswitch with this And which ones are to be used? Ones from my old D motor?

Also do you have pics of how you neated up the job to make it look nice with zipties and wire loom you were talking about? Im more of a visual learner, and when this harness didnt come with instructions it left me confused. LOL

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
well the big grey plug, that one will hook up to the other part of your engine wiring harness. The one other grey plug by itself is the 02 sensor plug, the plugs you shouldnt worry about at all, its all self explanitory once everything is in..... it just plugs right up..... the rest of the 5 wires you just have to splice in and you can color match them to your exiasting old chassis harness.

oh and hte white plug all by itself is the e-plug, that one will hook up to the ecu...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.