Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that the left and right axles from the ep3(02+ civic SI) will work just fine for the ek k20 swaps. can anyone confirm this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i've heard that aswell but i think thats only in regards to an eg.. the placement in the ek isnt as straight on as the eg.. i tired the same combo setup that has worked many times in eg's and i kept popping them out on driverside.. and passenger side was another story all together..

custom axles will be your best bet.. imo

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what combo on the axle did you got with fo rou eg. I have the rsx inners, but not sure what shaft and outers will work for the ek.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i dont have an eg.. i went through exactly what your talking about in my ek.. originally rsx shaft with bseries outers were tired but it broke.. so after welding the splines it ended up work ok.. driverside i dont remeber what combo it was but after i broke it. i was told that a standard bseries axle would work..

but that one just kept popping out of the tranny.. i went to hasport axles and havent had a prob since

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Custom axles it is, I will most likely will go for the hasports. So i can avoid those problems down the road. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
145 Posts
vuaccordla said:
Custom axles it is, I will most likely will go for the hasports. So i can avoid those problems down the road. thanks for the reply
no problem dude.. if you go through some of the older posts here. you'll see a thread with alot of pics documenting this exact thing. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.