Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if anyone have done this because I am about too. Are the rod journal the same in diameter on both motor?

My new simple oem build

k24a4
balanced, micropolished and chamfered crank
09 tsx 11.0:1 piston .25mm over
07 tsx rods
k20a oil pump, pan, oil cooler
k20z3 head / k20z1 cams
Rbc im
:confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
yes there the same

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would I be able to rev this motor reliably to 8000rpm with this setup? I will post up pics of the build soon.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Would I be able to rev this motor reliably to 8000rpm with this setup? I will post up pics of the build soon.
Yes.. With no problem...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
throw some 06-07 TSX cams in there :up:
I though about that but the k20z1 has almost identical cams as the k20a so I was debating on whether I should spend that money. I think I would prefer to save up some money and buy the Ips Kme for a 250whp simple build later on.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
It will fit in the block, but from the looks of it, you will experience Piston to Valve Contact. Check out the design of it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I found out that I could not use the 09 Tsx piston and rings that I had bought. I will probably go with the 07 Tsx 10.5:1 pistons. It starting out pretty bad already. I should have done more research before ordering parts.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Well I found out that I could not use the 09 Tsx piston and rings that I had bought. I will probably go with the 07 Tsx 10.5:1 pistons. It starting out pretty bad already. I should have done more research before ordering parts.
Sorry to hear that, what was the issue with them?
Do you have the pistons fitted to the block?
I would like to see a pic of them if you don't mind posting one up.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
This is the older TSX piston compared to the new one.

You can clearly see that the design of the piston has changed a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
So... does the main problem lay in the rods? Are TSX rods longer than Accord A4 rods?

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear that, what was the issue with them?
Do you have the pistons fitted to the block?
I would like to see a pic of them if you don't mind posting one up.
The 09 Tsx piston looks like the Accord K24a4 piston but instead of a dish it as a dome in the middle. The tsx piston has the same raise edge that the k24a4 piston has and that is the problem. It will hit the k20 head.

·
Registered
452 Posts
instead of using a 09 TSX piston, im pretty sure an alternative for higher compression you could shave the black deck height a couple thou, or machine the head, and use some high compression valves

1 - 20 of 30 Posts