Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever done that. Like if you blew up you k20z3 but you couldn't find one and got a k20a2 laying around. It is very possible but you will have to cut part of the intake manifold and maybe it will work fine with stock pcm. Just wondering cause someone ask me that but I am not sure because of the cams being different and how the Pcm with react to it. I think it wouldn't be a problem if you swap the cams over.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has ever done that. Like if you blew up you k20z3 but you couldn't find one and got a k20a2 laying around. It is very possible but you will have to cut part of the intake manifold and maybe it will work fine with stock pcm. Just wondering cause someone ask me that but I am not sure because of the cams being different and how the Pcm with react to it. I think it wouldn't be a problem if you swap the cams over.
if you have a blown Si motor then just swap a k20a2 or a k20z1 block with your k20z3 head. The bottom end is the same, just the head & intake manifold are different.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm not 100% sure the blocks are completely the same. The oil pump is different. Balance shafts or something along the lines of that. If you're using a k20a2 head, I'd put in the cams and RBC from the z3 head. You'd obviously want to use the z3 tranny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts