Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has done this yet. I could use some tips like what size line needs to be used to get air to the IACV on a k20a2 TB. ie -4an, -6an or -8an hose.

it would be nice if there was a custom adapter out there - I realize the manifold must be mod'd to be able to supply air as well.

:hammer: I actually need it for a ported '06 RBB manifold :eek:

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really - how do you get air into the IACV port on the TB adapter? in that thread it looks blocked off completely - have fun trying to get the car to idle :eek: unless I am missing something

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
Well you can easily turn it off through Kpro... Many people dont even use it.

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks - I did see that thread about 10 minutes ago. Although I am not completely convinced (yet).

are you running the blockoff? anyone else with experience? any tips on adjusting idle with a blockoff?

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
thanks - I did see that thread about 10 minutes ago. Although I am not completely convinced (yet).

are you running the blockoff? anyone else with experience? any tips on adjusting idle with a blockoff?
No. I figured it out too late. My IACV was in the way of my radiator so I changed radiators. Had I found that first I would of probably bought it.

He is using one.
http://k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=685590&postcount=4

·
Premium Member
26,613 Posts
NP:up:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is VERY easy to modify the adaptor and mani to use the IAC. It only takes a dremel and a file and about 15 minutes of time.

you place the adaptor on the mani and simply trace the adaptors IAC opening onto the mani and then open up the mani's flange on a bevel to allow the air to pass normally, You will also have to open up the adaptor opening as well, beveling upwards towards the mani maintaining the original opening on the face that meets the TB. Basically creating an upwards angled slot. I have done this several times already.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet thanks for the info - FYI Larry @ endyn did what looks to be a great job porting my RBB :up:

I'm going to let a friend test it on a mild build k24 before I try it on my 2.0L vs some other manifolds.

·
Registered
672 Posts
sweet thanks for the info - FYI Larry @ endyn did what looks to be a great job porting my RBB :up:

I'm going to let a friend test it on a mild build k24 before I try it on my 2.0L vs some other manifolds.
I think Kidkorner said he had a adapter to serve that function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts