26,613 Posts
i already searched and found one thread on here but that was in 06
I dont think anything has changed since then.... :silly:

It's a good combo, but no K killer.. The K still emerges on top

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol tru say, but i just wanted to hear some experiences from you guys, if they keep up decent or just get pwned.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
lol tru say, but i just wanted to hear some experiences from you guys, if they keep up decent or just get pwned.
It depends.. It may keep up with a stock Type S not properly tuned or just running poorly. But has no chance with a 2.4L setup or even some Type S or Type R Swaps..... Close, but no cigar.. Almost doesnt count.... That's the H2b motto...

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, I just purchased a k20z1 and wanted to make sure I didnt end up spending extra money for the same type of setup. But I finally understand that the K series is far superior.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Thanks man, I just purchased a k20z1 and wanted to make sure I didnt end up spending extra money for the same type of setup. But I finally understand that the K series is far superior.
No problem. You made the right move....

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
My friend has an EK H2b and also has the balance shaft removal kit. He is out of town for the holidays, so i dont know if i'll get to race him. He took me for a quick ride 1-3rd....car was pretty quick. I really wanted to race him, car is nasty and he only has about 3k in his setup. Hopefully next week, if it happens there will be a vid up immediately:up:

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
My H2B went 12.9 @ 106 in a 2200lb car on street tires (internally stock longblock with boltons)
Friends k20 swap went 13.0 in a 2200lbish car on street tires. (internally stock longblock with boltons)

My car went a best of 11.9 @114 with exact same setup , just on slicks.
K20 swaps I have seen are around the same.

I have seen K20 swaps with cams put down 225-235hp on a dyno jet.
A few of our stock bottom end H22s with just s2 pro 1 cams made 230.

Few local k20 swap cars with cams are running 11.60s- .70s
One of our h2b swapped cars with just cams is running 11.70s.

Keep in mind that the H22 is also a larger motor in terms of literage.
However the K definitely reacts much better to mods.

I'd say the h2b vs a k20 swap FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH, are pretty much even.
However, throw in a k24 bottom end and the scale is heavily tilted in the K favor.

Now my built 2.6L ( 90x102) H motor, with big cams, $2000 billet crank, ported head, ITBs, etc made 318. Id say with a few other changes with some roller cams, it would make 330. MAYBE. . .
330 is a cake walk in a K24/20 and can be done with a stock crank and sleeves.

The k20 swap definitely gives the most room for improvement.

Some argue the cost will tilt those scales back towards the H2b . At first I believed that arguement, however some people have to realize to get my H to move the way it did, I spent 1100 on a transmission, 1100 on a header, spent countless hours on dyno just learning new things. You have to spend JUST AS MUCH money to make the H go fast as you would spend on the K.

Quality costs no matter what the valve cover looks like.

Any other questions , feel free to shoot them my way. . .

oh and this H2Ber is NOT going K . . . :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts