1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Believe it or not, it has been tested and produced

332 whp
224 torque

The whole motor is fuly built for all motor pro drag.

I wonder what modifications need to be done for this to fit.

Nikos

·
Registered
458 Posts
where you find the info, my first thought was modding the timing chain driven cams to belt driven.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark Brauning, 2004 All motor champion, posted the dyno in honda tech.

The engine has some strange designs in it, the physical attributes of the internals would make some people shat themselves, but it seems to be working pretty good. I cant let too much out of the bag, but from what is currently involved in that engine, and what is left, I think pushing 400 wheels is definitely not out of the question. It is only using a K head btw, the bottom end is not a K-series....I'll leave it at that for now I'll definitely keep the updates coming
Yes, is a 2.3L, give or take as much as 17:1.
Although he said the bottom end is not a K series, and didn;t specify what is was, I am pretty sure it is a H22a because he named the dyno image accordingly

http://brauningmotorsports.com/03h22a2.jpg

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Funniest thing is i never heard of mark or any motors or race cars he's produced and he lives probably in a vicinity of 10miles from me. LOL

Good to know that someone that experienced lives right next door. LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
9k rpm from a h22?? damn, but on a serious note. must have had alot of custom parts made. btw, what et did he pull to be all motor champ??

·
Registered
99 Posts
nikos said:
Believe it or not, it has been tested and produced

332 whp
224 torque

The whole motor is fuly built for all motor pro drag.

I wonder what modifications need to be done for this to fit.

Nikos
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF I have heard it all now....all that I need to see is this motor (or one built w/low compression pistons & a JR S/C) in a ariel atom :twisted: maybe another project for pacman :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
i havent seen the h22 gaskets but is there space for the timing chain? Also, what about the timing chain guides? Why wouldnt you just use the k24 block, what makes the h22 block any better?

·
Registered
235 Posts
22crazy said:
i havent seen the h22 gaskets but is there space for the timing chain? Also, what about the timing chain guides? Why wouldnt you just use the k24 block, what makes the h22 block any better?
F22/23, H22/23 blocks grow on trees and can be had for dirt cheap...

Take away the head and there really isnt much if any advantage for the K series over the H series... K20 has a shorter deck height than the H22 which means less rod and crank to work with... A lot of people already have H22 motors in their cars (civic's, CRX's, Preludes, Accords) so a head swap is a lot easier than a full engine swap...

Less expensive than buying a full K swap, with B tranny adapters and avialable aftermarket B series gears the possibilities are endless... H motors with B trans adapters are going to be very common soon and will be a bolt in swap (using trans adapter and mount kits) in any EF, EG and EK chassis in the very near to immediate future...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts