Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i've been considering the two

i kno the k20 is lighter but what else? or is that just it? and how much lighter?

also what about in terms of upgrades available for each engine

and do u kno where they got good prices for k20s

·
Registered
19 Posts
K20 hands down

Research each engine for yourself and youll see why the K20 is better

Timing chain - K20
Better ports - K20
Availablility - K20 (H22's will dry up)
Block/Sleeve strength - K20

There are alot of reasons why the K20 is better but the H22 isnt as cheap as you think once mounts and other misc swap parts are thrown into the mix....not to mention axles snapping etc...

K series is the next step for Honda tuners....the sooner you jump on board the faster youll be :twisted:

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
the best hting i think about the k-series engine compared to any other engine is that it has IVTEC... the capability for the ecu to Advance and retard your timing depending on the load you are putting on the motor, that really helps out on teh low end..... but just get a k20... its the future, and i definitely love my k20/eg now.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
First figure out how fast you want to go. Then figure out how much power it will take you to get there. Then compare price, reliability, weight, availability, and complication of install of the different engine combos. The k series has made it over 300 hp with a tune up price of around 10,000 (www.hytechexhaust.com). The H has made over 300 hp with a tune up price of 15,000 (www.endynracingengines.com). Of course it cost way more to swap in the k than the H. You will pay more in one area on engine A than engine B, and vise versa. Just don't waste your time and money buying 3 different motors, and trying 6 different headers, and getting your car dyno tuned 560 different times. Once you make that decision, stick with it. In the end its all about driving the car right. How fast do you want to go...

Also, when you guys refer to ports, be specific. The intake ports are far superior on the K20a & k20a2 than any other honda, but the exhaust ports have severe issues (cyl 1 & 4 have to make an awful zig zag to get to the header). For the life of me I can't understand why Honda did that.[/img]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LSVtec92Hatch said:
i wont even list any reasons why...

ill just say.....

ECLIPSE
what? i dont get it

ok guys umm if i were to get a k20,

1. would i have to change axles? and what kind?
2. what obd is it cuz the car ima do it to is an auto eg ex which i think is obd1? i really dont know
3. any good sites for k20s and k20 parts?

edit: 1. tranny fitment?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well lets see k20 vs h22...... well depends on what u want, and this is my opinion here it goes. u got a 2.0l vs a 2.2l and to me there is no replacement for displacement ( and dont get all bent out of shape cause iam stating my oponion, anyways if ur looking for a 1/4 mile track car i would defff get a h22 or h23 bore and stroke that bad boy to a 2.5 ( if u got the h23) and slap a turbo on it and call it a day, but if ur looking for a street/track set up then k it is for many reasons. so it all depends on what ur going after and how deep ur pockets are cause Hp will $$$$$$$ u. peace

·
Registered
19 Posts
lookalike_eh2 said:
well lets see k20 vs h22...... well depends on what u want, and this is my opinion here it goes. u got a 2.0l vs a 2.2l and to me there is no replacement for displacement ( and dont get all bent out of shape cause iam stating my oponion, anyways if ur looking for a 1/4 mile track car i would defff get a h22 or h23 bore and stroke that bad boy to a 2.5 ( if u got the h23) and slap a turbo on it and call it a day, but if ur looking for a street/track set up then k it is for many reasons. so it all depends on what ur going after and how deep ur pockets are cause Hp will $$$$$$$ u. peace
So by that rational dont you think a K20head with a K24 block would make even more power :roll:

K series there is no question

Cheaper, more power and more reliability

·
Registered
91 Posts
SergEK said:
lookalike_eh2 said:
So by that rational dont you think a K20head with a K24 block would make even more power :roll:

K series there is no question

Cheaper, more power and more reliability
Exactly then you can go to a fully built k24/k20 and kick the shit out of that h23/h22a turbo with a k series all motor. Just like Teampacman is doing. And guess what the build will be about the some price. :D
H22As suck!!!! Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tofu9000 said:
LSVtec92Hatch said:
i wont even list any reasons why...

ill just say.....

ECLIPSE
what? i dont get it

ok guys umm if i were to get a k20,

1. would i have to change axles? and what kind?
2. what obd is it cuz the car ima do it to is an auto eg ex which i think is obd1? i really dont know
3. any good sites for k20s and k20 parts?

edit: 1. tranny fitment?

yeah id like to know about these questions too if anyone knows?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i don't have a k-swap yet but i feel that there is more advantages to a k than an h.
1. its lighter than a b-series swap
2. for a left hand drive car your cars coner weight is better
3. the motor is fliped around so theres more weight over the front wheels
4. timing chain :D
5. good gas milage about 31-39 highway

the only cons i can think of is one the price and two axles. (good thing i have 98 spec itr sus which uses 36mm nuts!

i'm sorry but h22a is over rated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.