Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you had any problems w/ the electrical part of the install? The reason I ask b/c I was on hondaswap.com and there was a thread(few months old) that said ALOT of people doing K swaps had problems with the electrical system.
Have any of you replaced the clutch or still running oem?
Does the car idle right? I watched the video of K20EGs civic and that thing was damn loud(could it just be the ITB?)

Thanx.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have the exedy cerametallic 3 puck thin material clutch with stock flywheel.

Once I rec header axles ecu Ill let you know whats up with mine.

Im also getting the Kpro so I dont' know if I may have any prob's.

What probs were discussed with the electric???

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Electrical? Like what?

You use a plug and play harness, the stock cluster works fine.

I'll be running an Exedy clutch, why would'nt I be able to? Oem is fine for Oem stuff.

Hondaswap my ass. They swaped what? K20a2 in the newest SI and Civics coupes.

Its his Exh. system and ITB's. He runs or was running striaght pipe that means no resonator.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Do a little more research on these boards and you'll see that everything to do the swap semi-easily is all here and buyable. If you tried to do the electrical yourself it will take very long and you'll probably screw it up. Just buy the PNP harness and it'll save a lot of trouble and aggravation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supa- they didn't say what they just said "problems w/ electrical system" I was just wondering If you guys encountered any. The thread was a couple of months old, could be before the Pnp harness came out.

Zero- I don't know why you wouldn't be able to, I just wanted to know if the guys with the swaps received good clutches.
And K20egs car just seemed loud to me to be at 1k rpms and all. But that's lovely, the louder the better in my opinion.

DR- I'm not planning on doing the swap myself anymore. I just want to know what's going to go down so I can have my car in and out of the shop ASAP. Not lingering in it while they have to put together everything needed, I want everything together when I take it to the shop.

Other than the swap and install kit I need;
radiator and hoses, upgraded fuel pump, guage cluster, Fpr and some small items the shop may have?
Will the Type-R guage fit in the eg dash fine? little modifying needed? does it look like shit afterwards?
Thanx.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Before the first couple of swaps were done, everyone talked about how had and what a nightmare it is going to be to make the 92-95 instrument cluster work with the k20a.... That is the electrical they were referring too.... Eric (K20EG) figure it out.... Hasport did as well and the rest is history... So now, there are no electrical problems if you use a alrady made harness..

·
Registered
24 Posts
nikos said:
Before the first couple of swaps were done, everyone talked about how had and what a nightmare it is going to be to make the 92-95 instrument cluster work with the k20a.... That is the electrical they were referring too.... Eric (K20EG) figure it out.... Hasport did as well and the rest is history... So now, there are no electrical problems if you use a alrady made harness..
Now, I can go out and get a beloved CTR cluster, No worries. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts