Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up all, figured i should lively up this a little bit with my build, i've been into cars for a long time, but i'm def newer to the game than a lot of the hardcore people i see in here, not to mention i'm pretty basic in terms of fabricating/ making shit work and i don't like paying people to do shit for me unless i have to, therefore this thread does not include anything over the top or amazing, it's just a basic here's all the crap i bought for my car, thread.

on that note.. on we go

Bought the car in january of 2009 because my supra took a shit on me, MKIII turbo supra as a daily, haha yeah wasn't gonna last. So, i figure i'd get a newer honda but insurance said i should fuck myself when i asked to get a New SI, and Accord V6 coupes were waaay too pricey with the manual option, so needless to say the EP3 was my way of settling. Couldn't get an RSX either, found em for cheap but they quoted me for insurance the same as they would if i had an Evo, do the math.

car came with a Skunk2 Exhaust and AEM v2 header and ebay headlights, otherwise it was stock

first order of business was to get the thing lowered, found a set of Tein S techs and camber kit for 130 on CL, dude dropped em off to me, even though he lived an hour away lol

now we dont have too much gap

EP3's all have silver panels, i hate that, so i changed em all to black, prepped everything with SEM products and did it all right, still no fading or degradation 4 years later

radio was waiting on the dash kit to come in, they don't sell em in stores:wwhat:

i must admit, the halos were kinda kool to look at when the thing was parked

next i got the OEM optional mudflaps

and at this point i thought the car was all coming together, i hated it at first just like everyone else but now i started to get a thing for it and the bug to mod really hit me

next up, kaminari replica lip for the front, and got some CF goodies for under the hood, and ghetto painted the stock badge to have some color under the silver H

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the car was nice for now i thought, until i got a ticket for my exhaust, which i didnt blame the cop, the skunk2 exhausts are god awful, so i cut the muffler off and welded up an OBX 2.5" resonator and added a magnaflow tip to give it some pizazz

the good man Shawn Liddy doing the fab work

after this was done i got some connections now at this shop, so i decided while i had the link to a number of things i started more mods, painted my front lip SSM, by myself with a can yes lol

and at this point i started to meet other EPhatches from the CT/MA area

deep down i really hated the lip but whatever it worked for the time being.

oh, don't mind the monkeys

i went on a purple frenzy and they were just ornaments to show for it.. the more i make this thread the more i see all the dumb shit i used to do with my money lol

anyways moving along, i sent a few items out to get powder coated

made my own towhook on a bansaw lol

then i bought my first set of Wheels and gave them some purple too.. Drag DR27 i believe, FN01RC replicas. 17x7.5 wrapped in 225/45 hankook RS2 tires

i just had to,

next i tinted my tails halfway, thought it was cool like everything else at the time and welll.. yeah no

then the next step was to go to the drag strip, took a ride with a few friends, they were all surprised i kept up LOL ..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is when it started to get really out of hand with the bullshit i was doing. :coleman:

saw a turndown muffler on Ebay, figured hey, lets do something different, lets turn it sideways LOL

first time welding too

then i retired the purps, didnt sell just got another set of wheels which i digged the design on em

Being that i was a little cheap, i didnt want to buy coilovers when my struts were fine and all i wanted to be was slightly lower, so when raceland released their coilover system i hopped right on the train

had to remove the lip because it was all cracked up from either bad surface or bad prepping.. i think it was bad prep, sorry i'm a noob

went to a set of 16's to see if i was gonna get any lower without going all the way down on the coils in fear of blowing them

then caught on to a trend alot of hatchers did, using the lip from a volvo 740. it requires some modification but for the most part it works

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drag strip time again, this time i went with even more friends.. one of em has his own tractor trailer and we decided to go there and make a scene haha

^ 800whp SFWD coupe in front, his gf at the time 350whp del sol and my friend Corey's turbo Mach 1

time came around where i felt that i needed to free up some space so i ended up getting rid of my supra, worse decision i ever made, shoulda just bought a new motor and kept the civic stock, but whatever such is life

sold the wheels now i'm riding on steelies.. :scared:

then chromes for 3 days

then fat 5's

EM2 fat fives and meshes

painted my fat fives

traded the 5's for konigs

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then in April i was at Xenocron getting my tune on..

Mods at this point
EMUSA turbo kit (not a direct bolt on just like every ebay kit, but it was pretty close)
TurboXS RFL
Siemens 580CC injectors
2.5" exhaust
kpro

Raceland coilovers
17x7 ATS wheels with 215/45/17 tires.

made 263whp and 235trq on 7psi.. the car was street tuned for 2 more pounds

went to OEM blacked housing headlights

Mugen Rep wing

more wheels

then i bought some OZ superleggeras..

then came time for this, stock clutch wasnt gonna take 100+ whp more without giving out.. so time for new clutchmasters stage 2 unit

all done and ready

i really fell in love with the car at this point and there was alot of reason to be

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
then it was time to say goodbye to all my 4 lug wheels esp my OZ's and hello 5 lug

KJ-H23VTECLUDE hit me up said he has a whole RSX shell to part out, and i jumped on the 5 lug conversion ASAP, advantages were more wheel selection and a sizeable upgrade in the braking area.

and at the same time i picked up some 2010 SI wheels from a friend who thought they were ugly, paid almost nothing for them:nod:

Around this time a good friend to a lot of people here passed away in a horrible accident, Nick Haines, and we had a track day in his memory, which started a tradition. So if any of you NE guys are around we always run it in september and it's always an awesome turnout!

First time at the track with a leak that i couldnt find, clutch that was slipping, POS CM and mediocre street tires i only was able to pull a [email protected] with a 2.4 60ft:fuuu:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found the leak... testiment that cheap parts always fail, wastegate couldnt hold boost so the car made shit for power.. hence my disappointing time at the track

fast forward fall of 2010, traded my SI's plus cash for these Rota's that my good friend had done in a custom orange.. i went ahead and added my own little flavor to them

didnt last long, needed cash to buy a K24 longblock and some other shit so i sold em. after a few months of bullshit i then sold the turbo kit to a fellow ephatcher and went back to the stock motor in hopes to come back with a K24 on boost. but sadly that never happened

1 - 13 of 13 Posts