Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 449 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys,

lately I have been doing a few k20a and k24 motors for people and I decided to expand with my introductory pricing on these shortblocks.

What you get is a

k24a assembled block, complete will everything including

-pistons
-rods
-bearings
-chain cover
-chain
-crank pulley
-water pump and water pump housing (not guaranteed)

Basically, everything you need to to swap the k24a into a complete
k20a2 / k20a motor, or attach a k20a2 head to it. (need k20a2 oil pump with k20a2 head)

Option 1: $2500 shipped in the USA(no core required)

Will ship anywhere on the planet ( no intergallactic addresses :p )
87.5mm bore x 99 mm stroke
Wiseco Pistons
K20a.org Spec H beam Rods
OEM bearings
OEM crank 99mm

Compressions

in 87.5mm I could do

10.2 compression for supercharger

11.1 compression for supercharger or NA or nitrous

12.5 for all motor

13.7 for all motor

Please PM me for pricing if you want different compression or need sleeves etc...

Common Questions:

1) I have a k20a2 making xxx power with XYZ cams. What can I expect with that block in my car?

You should expect something like this

http://www.k20a.org/upload/k24vsk20.JPG

Huge increase in torque with higher peak numbers. Depending on induction, header, tuning, you can make a lot more overall.

2)I have a core block, or some pistons or my own rods.. Can u use them?

No, I cannot. Doing 5 at a time, gives me the buying power to be able to do just that.. Build 5 motors. So my pricing is based on the fact that I will get 5 sets of rods, and 5 sets of pistons and 5 k24a motor and I will get them all machined to 87.5mm at the same time etc...

3)Who is going to be doing the installation?

The installation is going to be done by our trusted machine shop and engine builder

4)Is there a warranty?

Yes, since the assembled shortblocks are going to be delivered with brand new parts, 100% comression across is guaranteed. Assuming that installation is done according to HELMS manual, there should be no problem starting the motor. On our personal motor, we revved it to 9000 RPM for almost 2 years with no problems so I am certain that any reliability issues will not be related to the quality of the shortblock.

5)How much is shipping going to cost me?

Around $100 unless you can provide your own UPS or fedex account for shipping.

6) How long will it take till I get my block by the time the Group Buy is completed?

3 to 6 weeks

Thank you for your time

Nikos

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Re: Group Buy on K24a Fully built Blocks - K20a.org Spec

Wow! I've spent more than that on parts and I still have to assemble it....

That is the Deal of the Century!

·
Registered
12 Posts

VERY interested, im gonna keep an eye on this and see where my money is at when spots start fillin up, hope i can be in on it!

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

In a few months they will be ported heads available that anyone can buy. (core will be needed) They will be optimized for 99mm cranks. I will obtain 3rd party results for the heads before I sell them.

For this specific deal, it is just the shortblocks. I usually do not sell used trannies because I don;t feel like taking the chance in selling bad trannies and I don;t have the time to open up and inspect trannies. When buying a used tranny, chances are the owner before you beat it to death.. especially with high miles... I don;t have high expectations when I buy a used tranny

·
Registered
438 Posts

what ever happened to the build your own motor?

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts

:up: gonan start saving!

·
Registered
438 Posts

it went in the backburner for various reasons. I can only do what you allow me to do.
that is sad to hear. i was down for it and i even PM'd you but got no response. maybe one day it will return on the front burner.

·
Registered
797 Posts

damn IF I could wait and IF I could sell my block I would of been interested. nice deal

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts

subscribed so i dont lose this, also i would need to know how much it would be more for sleeves.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Ok guys....

I gave it some thought and there are 2 changes.. good and bad

FIRST CHANGE

Payment in full up front, no more pay hald at first and half once complete.. this way, once the block is done, it gets shipped off.. no waiting around for the rest of the money

SECOND CHANGE

This is group buy pricing, but I am willing to do these as they come in.. so basically, I will even do just one.. No need for 5 people to sign up

I figured that I will do a few on my own to have in stock, get some heads later on and sell them as complete motors if I ever get the chance if they don;t sell as blocks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Good changes there Nikos... But on another note, I would have easily coughed up the 2500 to build my own for learning purposes, but spending the same 2500 to have you do it and not learn anything? It seems a bit on the expensive side.. Do the shortblocks come with type-s oil pumps? Thanks -J

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

J , they will not come with oil pumps as I stated.

You are really comparing the $2500 to a service that never happened. I hope you understand what I mean... It's like saying that a new Civic is expensive because there used to be a $5000 cash rebate on it... it doesn;t matter.

The $2500 price for the DO IT YOURSELF BLOCK was very very optimistic. There was not enough room to do it the way I needed to see it done. Do it right or don't do it at all... that is on of my philosophies.

I spend a lot of time researching this block featured here. Those who have done enough swaps they know that it is a good price.

Here's why:

-block $2500
-head $1200 complete with everything
-tranny $1000 complete
-clutch+flywheel $500
-harness and jumping harness $200
-alternator $60
-starter $60
---------------------------------
around $5500 for a motor that will blow the socks out of any k20a2 motor with any compression and any cams for that matter even running the stock type s cams. I hope you get my drift..

In my opinion it is a good option for people that want to replace their k20a2 block or want to start building a k24a.

I have a few plans to this k20a.org Spec Block.. I am just waiting to source some heads for some future plans and even do some burn in testing.

Right now I have 3-4 projects that will greatly define that direction of the K series scene.

Big thanks to IPS and RLZ for all their help and advice.

Back to the k20a.org Spec Block.. There are 1-2 people that are supposed to get on the list soon. I am also considering poweder coating them black or some other color to set them apart from anything else.

Thanks guys

Nikos

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

I appretiate the great reply, and I completley understand that the "build your own block" was almost too good to be true... but the way you explained it with all a complete swap it makes a lot more sense. But now the economy thoughts are starting to cross my mind and how are these great deals on a complete swap going to affect stock complete swap sales? I think value of motors will drop distinctly. Maybe i'm wrong and just ranting but either way I see what your saying and I like the sounds of it, I just wish that forged internals would last a bit longer and be better for a daily driver than they are said to be. (i.e. They wear faster and need to be freshened up usually in under 10-15k miles...) Thanks again. -J

1 - 20 of 449 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.