Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your grounds are not good, the car is not going to start. Some people add more grounds that needed for the car to start.

So far, 3 grounds are needed for sure. The wiring harness ground, a ground from the valve cover to the shock tower, and one ground from the tranny to the side frame rail.

In my opinion, the reason why people add more grounds that these is because one of the above is not done correctly.

Remember that if for example you try to attach the ground to a painted/coated part of the frame... it might not work. So try to find clean metal areas that are not coated.

Nikos

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hondata grouding issue

I did this and made a grounding kit.My ground points where left bottom valve cover bolt,i grounded all the coils,i even added a ground to where the ecu is grounded,i put one on the alternator,and one to the frame of body and the change is noticable as far as the lights seem brighter and the overhead bulbs dont dim when opening a window know and the car feels smoother with the a/c on all for 50 bucks,some taco bell, and a lazy afternoon hehe :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dc5itracer said:
all for 50 bucks,some taco bell, and a lazy afternoon hehe :cool:
werd, I did that on my old accord, my oh my how much better everything was after that. I did mine because my grounds were corroding, so I had a good excuse other than I was bored :D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
maybe this is a good place to ask, how does the charging harness hook up? does it attach in the alternator spot on the stock EG fusebox? like where the old alternator harness was?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.