Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greddy turbo kit question: How much can it make?

has anyone seen any crazy numbers with this kit or is it pretty much just a kit for people who want to keep the motor stock. I know the turbo and piping is small. But I was wondering if there has been anyone who has used it with a built K and seen good numbers. (400 and up?)

Update on page 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
All of the Greddy turbo kits I've seen have been pretty much bolt in affairs. I have never seen anyone do anything more than a little bit of K-pro tuning. Max boost I have heard of anyone running with that kit would be around 10psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by the lack of response it looks as I thought. Just bolt it on and be done with it. Oh well. I guess I will be the first. Check back here in a few days for an update and dyno sheet. So far on 4psi (still breaking in new motor) it feels like a monster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
i'm runnibg the greddy turbo kit in my ej at 6psi i put little over 200hp and 198 lbs of torque ive been running this set up for a while now its pretty reliable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
HONDA GHANDI said:
by the lack of response it looks as I thought. Just bolt it on and be done with it. Oh well. I guess I will be the first. Check back here in a few days for an update and dyno sheet. So far on 4psi (still breaking in new motor) it feels like a monster.
what motor/car is this on tobi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No its not. That was yesterday, tomorrow is still a day away.

Anyway, sorry. The car made 347whp and 307 torque at 10 psi. Unfortunatly we ran out of fuel pump and turbo at that point. We set the boost controller higher and it would spike to like 12 ish and then settle down to 10 for the rest of the run and fall off at the end. My scanner has decided to shit on me today so I will scan them or take a pic and post it on Monday. When the turbo begins to boost it takes an ungodly amount of fuel. The fuel cuve map looks like the matterhorn. HAHA. When street tuning it today it will smoke the tires in first, spin them in second third (from a 30mph roll too)
So overall I suppose it isnt bad considering the small size of the turbo and the fact that it has a stock fuel pump in it. So Monday morning a new rail, regulator pump and lines will be on order and plans for a new turbo, manifold, downpipe and intercooler piping will be drawn out. We just wanted to see what we could do with the stock Greddy kit and stock pump first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
nice #!!!!!!!!!!! i hit 408whp on my revhard kit on 14 psi stock block i have very good power band iam in 400+whp from 7500rpm to 8800rpm

my duty on my rc750cc is 87 to 90 % on 14 psi i have walbro 255 in my tank
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
1234 said:
nice #!!!!!!!!!!! i hit 408whp on my revhard kit on 14 psi stock block i have very good power band iam in 400+whp from 7500rpm to 8800rpm

my duty on my rc750cc is 87 to 90 % on 14 psi i have walbro 255 in my tank

haha nice I have the same turbo kit looks like a very nice kit.
I am planning to strap it on any day now to the k24a2 that I have on the dc2 soon :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no, this is not a stock short block. I built it from the ground up to handle 500+whp. It is in an EP3.

This one has 750cc injectors in it too but the highest I saw them run today even when the fuel pump started to peter out was 45%. Hrm. Oh well, with the new turbo and manifold it should max them out too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is the Dyno chart for the Greddy. The chart is a little short, we could not get a good ignition signal for some reason at low RPMs. So no numbers showed up below 4k. New fuel system and other stuff going in next week so better numbers to come.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
K24A4 sleeved
CP custom sized pistons
Crower cams with custom specs
TC's Performance stage 3 Port and polish
Crower oversize valves, Ti retainers and springs
Eagle rods
Crank worked by TC's Perfomance (balanced and micropolished)
TC's RSX custom oil pump
Stock Greddy Si kit
K-Pro
Type S six speed with Quaife and Exedy stage 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
the turbo started to quit out on you at 10 psi ????

i was under the impression that this turbo only starts to lose effiecentcy at around 27 psi

of course this is on an a3 which doenst have the amount of overlap that the cams do in a k24 block

i am pushing 15 psi daily now on my greddy setup
and these guys know me from ephatch


im sorry for this noobish question what car does a k24a4 come in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
weltall said:
the turbo started to quit out on you at 10 psi ????

i was under the impression that this turbo only starts to lose effiecentcy at around 27 psi

of course this is on an a3 which doenst have the amount of overlap that the cams do in a k24 block

i am pushing 15 psi daily now on my greddy setup
and these guys know me from ephatch


im sorry for this noobish question what car does a k24a4 come in
Keep in mind that this is a 2.4L motor. It simply takes more air.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top