Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Video shows you how to mimic the interior pieces of the Itr/Ctr from the inside of the car.I'am going to do this to a Non oe Itr bezel, and replicate it and compare it to the original one.So you guys will see a thread here soon.

Enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1MZ8WYklk&feature=related

·
one
1,489 Posts
I guess it is a good idea, but it would be easier and cheaper for most people to buy the real OEM CF pieces.

Not everyone has an airgun and compressor. And you are going to spend some time, and money on the paint and prep supplies.

Plus, It does not look anywhere close to what my OEM ITR CF interior pieces look like, that clear coat makes it way to shiny and and that stencil that he uses makes the design circles and not boxes. And I hate any interior mods that are not OEM and look homemade.

A for effort though.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it is a good idea, but it would be easier and cheaper for most people to buy the real OEM CF pieces.

Not everyone has an airgun and compressor. And you are going to spend some time, and money on the paint and prep supplies.

Plus, It does not look anywhere close to what my OEM ITR CF interior pieces look like, that clear coat makes it way to shiny and and that stencil that he uses makes the design circles and not boxes. And I hate any interior mods that are not OEM and look homemade.

A for effort though.
Plus, It does not look anywhere close to what my OEM ITR CF interior pieces look like, that clear coat makes it way to shiny.

Did you watch the whole video dude???

that stencil that he uses makes the design circles and not boxes. And I hate any interior mods that are not OEM and look homemade.

I agree with your statement neo,but my intentions are to duplicate a oe pattern design from the Itr,ctr,and make it easy for a the diy person,affordable,and make it so close, if you put both side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.Keep in mind these are small interior trims no need for super exspensive paints(you will be fine).,I've my brothers old integra type r center bezel.I'll be sure to see my buddy at the paint store, and get it scanned by a spectra meter to get the exact color match.Beauty about this too,is that the clear is a "flattening agent".Runs won't appear nowhere,The gentleman cleared first because he didn't have any flattening clear at the time.So he didn't want to do the whole thing again.So he closed the window and reopened it, when he had the new clear with him.:)When you see this thread done you'll be impressed when I come over and show you.I'am 90% sure they do the same method from factory at suzuka japan when both itr/ctr where released.:)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still doesn't look OEM.

And still the cost of materials and time.
Lol,this guy probably doesn't even know what a Integra type r is.He was just showing how he replicates the carbon fiber look.There's so many ways to do this.So I'am going to replicate it with the exact colors,and also document it as a step by step,and make it as easy as possible.Everything that I will be using should be around $40-50. Paint,prep wipes,flattening clear, custom matting,and scotch brite pads.If you don't have a gun spray gun, I'll post a harbor frieght 1.3-1.4 tip gun should be an extra $15 on top of original price to do this project.:)

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
will be interesting to see how it comes out. when your done you should take a pic of them side by side to see how close it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts