Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reside in North Carolina. I swapped a k20a2 into my EM2 almost a year ago. I recently recieved 4 expired license tickets and i think its time to get my registration renewed.haha But I cant get my car inspected because of my engine light. I get the P0141 code(o2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1). Which I know yall are familiar with. Now is this code normal with the swap? bc i know some guy around here as well with the same setup and the same problem...

I do not have kpro. And it really is'nt an option right now with the time frame I have. Is there anyway around about getting my engine light to go off to get my inspection and then get Kpro.

Any suggestions will be helpful thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is a switch of some sort that i can't remember that can take care of that engine light situation.
I will try to figure it out for and let you know.
but i do know that is a temperary fix.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Take the led on the cluter for the CEL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i cant just cancel the light bc they do plug up to the obd2 plug here in NC too so even the tho the light is on it will still throw a code...

and yes i do have a working brand new o2 sensor...

its still throwing a code tho:/...

and ive checked and gone through my wiring twice.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah i cant just cancel the light bc they do plug up to the obd2 plug here in NC too so even the tho the light is on it will still throw a code...

and yes i do have a working brand new o2 sensor...

its still throwing a code tho:/...

and ive checked and gone through my wiring twice.
yeah, they are checking your computers readieness codes...i don't know if kpro can trick it out but it would be cool if it could. clear the code, drive it and see how many readiness codes you have set, PA you need all but 1 and you'll pass. *note* PA requires your CEL led. heater circuits are always at fault with o2 sensors, so you might need one (just check to make sure you have a solid conection). again this is PA (less lenient), but they are usually close to all emissions countys and states.

·
k20a.orgy
2,961 Posts
you'd be able to turn off your secondary o2 sensor. will not return a fault code.

the primary? i'm not sure. some one else needs to input.

don't have time to finish my swap, i'd be working on it right now but the mosquitoes have been really bad at night here. (i have all my parts though!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mixwell,
idk anyone with kpro around here for the kseries motors.
i have one friend that has kpro but its for his d17. and idk if that wld work...
the primary is not reading anything. and its the wiring to the ecu from the o2 sensor. the connector with the o2 sensor signal wire is distroyed. so i am in the midst of buying another harness. the signal wire to the ecu was completely gone when i got the harness for the swap...missing. so oh well. well hope the new harness works.

thanks guys

·
k20a.orgy
2,961 Posts
most likely will not be kpro if he has a d series motor.

dude, get a solder gun, some more wire, some heat shrink, and save some money. (well unless this costs more than a harness lol.)

still looking for input on the primary o2 sensor though (dunno if you can turn it off...i think you can, may throw off your a/f ratio???)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if i can turn my cel light off for a few hrs to get my car inspected then idgaf what it is haha

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
So you saved up all the Kswap stuff then got an immobilizer?
Did you steal your K20? How do you not know if Kpro works with a Dseries or not?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
go to k20tuned

get the doc ecu for k series

its way cheaper than kpro and will work great for a stock engine. eliminates those cel's and has a built in immobilizer. honestly though i'd recommend a kpro for sure. it has so much more function especially if you ever have plans on expanding your build with mo powa parts.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts