Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check this out, something I threw together really quick. It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile, but haven't had a good reason too(in other words, I'm lazy...)

It's basically just a graphing and comparison tool based on inputs you give it. You plug your torque numbers, gearing, tire diameter, and weight in on Sheet 1, and on Sheet 2 the graphs automatically render.

The values in there now are a comparison of a shops race car and my Integra.

To better understand thrust curves, check out this T-I thread here.

The general idea behind what I attached is that it will allow me to compare how well gearing, tire size, torque curves, etc... all lines up for a given setup or vs another setup. You can plug in the values you want it to calculate off of, and analyze away if that's your gig. Some more examples of what this would be useful for:

Choosing a transmission(My current gearing vs the tranny i want)
Setting a red line per gear(if the thrust curves intersect, that's your shift point)
Choosing tire size/red line/gearing for drag racing(you normally want to cross the quarter at the very top of 4th)
Dialing in boost by gear/rpm(if Tire A only has traction to thrust amount X...)

and so on. I've been needing one of these for a very long time for myself so if anyone else can make use of it feel free.

It's not very robust(Microsoft coupled with my laziness), so it is easy to break. However, if you find any bugs that hinder the accuracy of it, please feel free to let me know, or make suggestions.

If you'd only like to gauge a single cars graph sets you can just plug "0" into the tire size or final drive calc. It also has an option to gauge difference in weight. It will apply a percentage multiplier to the second car in the comparison.

Edit: I uploaded a slightly revised version. The issue before was the inability to reflect lower red lines then 8000rpm. Now, you plug in the rpm and torque values starting with red line and work your way up. I know this is Ghetto, but is the best I can come up with in a crunch. If you don't have enough values to fill the selection, make sure the remaining all match the last(as in the example values provided.)

Edit: Updated 6th gear weight multiplier for car 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
overwhelmed looking at it but been waiting for something like this , just didnt know i was! its like in the best motoring videos where they show a stock s2k vs a stock s2k with gearing vs a modified s2k and the one with gearing pwns all .. now we can figure out what tranny setup and shift points would be most optimal .. goood deal..

·
Registered
331 Posts
I saw this on T-I. Thanks for sharing - I can't check it here at work, but sounds good. :dude:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found something important out today. And it is that i'm an idiot... lol

If you don't torque values for 8000-8500, it will wig out hard on the red line graphing part.

Life's so much harder when your stoopid. :(

·
Registered
324 Posts
It looks like cells U27 though U38 needs to be multiplied by the "multiplier for car 2", it's cell G20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts