Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day mates! Another aussie Kswap! K24 Turbo..soon

Hey K20a!

I thought it's about time I introduced myself and shared my current build with the greatest Kseries and Honda community on earth!

I'm Alex, i'm 21 and I live in Brisbane, Australia. And i'm in the process of swapping a K24a2 into my 1998 DC2 :new_slayer:

I've owned this car for just on 2 years now. Being a perfectionist, I spent quiet a while looking for a facelifted DC2 that met my unreasonably high standards :emsmilep: I finally found one that hit the spot, and bought it straight away.

A '98 model with only 116,000 Kilometres on the clock!

After a few weeks it looked like this..

Upgraded rear sway bar to jdm ITR standard (what a mod!) along with a nice limited edition colour ASR brace

Around the same time I got myself a set of Buddyclub N+ coilovers, really wish I was a little more patient and saved up for something a bit nicer... Saying that, they're not bad, but I will definitely be upgrading in the future. Atleast I was able to give the car a bit of a drop over the insanely high OEM sussy

Did I mention i'm a perfectionist lol

Then it was around this time last year that I did something very stupid (or smart, depends how you look at it haha). I went for a ride in a dead stock JDM EP3R.... After exepriencing the Kseries for the first time, as I got out of that car I gave up all my plans I had for my little B18c and made a promise to myself that I would not spend another single cent on the Bseries ever again... And I had big plans for my B18!

But that K20a had me smitten... If I was going to mod my car any further, it was going to be with a Kseries, my mind was made up.

And so that's why i'm here!

Found myself a low mileage 2007 K24a3 (Australian version of the K24a2)

As soon as I got the motor in my hands I began stripping it down

This is just the beginning, and it's my first ever motor swap, so I feel I picked a good one to learn on haha

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So after the first hour of the motor being in my garage, I had strippied it of all the unecessary Accord bits and pieces, including the stock chopped up harness and the RBB intake manifold and DBW throttle..

Fitted a nice new RBC manifold

Brand new RSX harness (Ryan @ Autofair, you rule man)

I'd like to give a HUUUUUUGE shout out to a small bunch of guys that, whether they remeber who I am or not, I am so so grateful for all the help they've given me over the last half-year in not only answering every single of my emails, most of the time asking the most noob questions, but also looking after me with amazing parts and awesome prices!

Scott @ HPT, Bought most of my swap parts from this guy. Cannot stress enough how friendly and helpful this guy is

Ryan @ Autofair, just like Scott, but supplying the mintest OEM parts that all us Kswappers couldnt do without! :D

Mike @ Ktuned, legend, enough said.

Aswell as everyone @ Hybrid Racing for answering my questions and producing (and selling me) the best aftermarket parts I've ever paid for.

Here's a small glimpse at all the parts going into my swap...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So onto my plans for this Kswap, I'll be running a 07 K24a3 alongside a DC5R 6speed LSD gearbox (love this thing).

Been busy in the garage cleaning up the motor, on the outside atleast haha.

Karcepts intake

Full size swap radiator

Y2M3 ITR box

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn you guys from Aussie are killin it! Love everything about this, should make for a very fun car. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching this one. Corona :like:
Haha thanks heaps man! I appreciate the support, and i'd be lost in the garage without my coronas haha <3

nice project in for this.
Thanks mate!

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
dang australians know how to do a swap! love it dude :) i'll be watching! :up:

·
Registered
319 Posts
oh damn how clean was that bay when you bought it!!!! :eek: looked new!

loving the swap! what engine management are you going with?

i just cant get over how clean it all is!

come live in england and it will turn to rust in one week! :'(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the kind words and support guys, I really appreciate it. Its the best motivation :)

Unfortunately, no progress over the weekend, no spare time.

Ordering a fresh timing chain and a few other bits and pieces this week. Then swapping over to the 50*VTC and K20 oil pump.

Which means, im going to have to tackle this crank pulley bolt, fun times ahead haha.

Does anyone recommend swapping over to the RRC crank pulley while im at it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh damn how clean was that bay when you bought it!!!! :eek: looked new!

loving the swap! what engine management are you going with?

i just cant get over how clean it all is!

come live in england and it will turn to rust in one week! :'(
Bay still looks the same to this day :new_slayer:

Going with Kpro for this. Only a street car, nothing really extreme.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.