Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so right now im alpha header full race exhaust fp rrc j35 and I have a exedy stage 1 in the trunk, I was thinking of doing a dc5 flywheel, rrc oil pump conversion, some rdx injectors, an ati damper or fluiddamper(which is better?), and some sort like used z1 or tsx cams to replace my z3 cams, could I upgrade valve springs and rev a bit higher if I make power? Would this set up be good for the dd street? or what could I change out? or should I just buy a used ct-e charger? Not planning on being fast just a fun dd till I can afford a next all out project.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well after some digging seems ati is the better one, Just worried about changing out the oil pump and loosing the balance shafts to absorb the vibrations. I have seen something about some crazy valve spring combo off a rsx and a sk2, was looking into a set of drop in cams?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have read more ppl with years on them n it's better for high revs the other is good of v8

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just ordered my type r flywheel gonna let you guys know how it does after I do it since nobody has opinions. prob gonna be a few months to wait for tax return and I have to work an outage at a nuclear plant so that will consume all of my time in feb-april

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eeh if im gonna spend that much im just gonna go boost and i would rather have another car at either point as well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I have the injectors cams flywheel and clutch ready to go just waiting to order the oil pump with the next check gonna leave the stock pulleys on it, I got side tracked with some drinking and women for a bit and working on a c5 vette.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got rrc/j35, hybrid cai, em1 cmc, hybrid shiftier bushings, hfp suspension, skunk2 header, full race exhaust, flashpro vit tuned,

putting in dc5r flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, rdx injectors, tsx cams, and rrc oil pump. until i can get another car feeling a 90s mr2 or a 240 at the moment. maybe a crx or integra.

·
Registered
283 Posts
got rrc/j35, hybrid cai, em1 cmc, hybrid shiftier bushings, hfp suspension, skunk2 header, full race exhaust, flashpro vit tuned,

putting in dc5r flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch, rdx injectors, tsx cams, and rrc oil pump. until i can get another car feeling a 90s mr2 or a 240 at the moment. maybe a crx or integra.
Nice. We have extremely close set-ups. I have currently installed.
Hybrid racing cai, skunk2 tb(soon to be j37), rrc, tsx cams, kidd racing header, full race,
Waiting to be installed.
Type s oil pump, go power v1r-2 cams, hybrid racing cmc upgrade, injectors and last Vit viper tune prepaid.
I have a couple more things to pick up. But I love what your doing so far. You should post some pics.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice how did you like the tsx cams compared to stock just pulled a 08 Sti from a 3rd gear roll bout half a car

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well unfortunately I bought the car with them. Id like to buy all stock stuff to get some base pulls. But im not rich haha. But it will break loose 1st no matter surface.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i scrapped the oil pump idea for now and used that money to buy new plugs a hybrid tct and I'm going to get a new valve cover gasket. I throw up pictures when everything comes in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

all the parts are in clutch is still in the back of the car, just need a valve cover gasket and I'm gonna get an oem throw out bearing as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i ended up selling the cams and hybrid tensioner and put the clutch and flywheel in the car it feels a lot better deff upgrade the stock units are prob 20lbs heavier stock pressure plate is crazy heavy. car feels much smoother now also put in the prothane poly f-lca bushings and that is great as well no more popping from my front suspension.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i guess i'm not really use to driving it, it catches really hard now i can actually drive better in the work boots 5lb vs the light 1lb newbalance work out shoes it was reverse on the stock clutch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yea it takes a lil getting used to on my last fa5 I did a lightweight flywheel and all that jazz took a week or so to get 100% used to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts