Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move my fuse box out of the engine bay. I am curious if anyone makes an extension harness for the conectors under the fuse box?

I have never heard of something like this but it would be alot easier than cuting and splicing every wire. (I am asumeing that is how it is usually done?)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
em2 amd i was hopeing to move it to the truck becouse im pretty much out of room in the front of the car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
so em2 = 7thgen civic...right? id say im the only one who has done it to a 7thgen....

as you can see no abs(delete) and i relocated the batt to the trunk and i relocated the fuse box to the interior of the car..

and yes i did one wire at a time...took me about 2 days total work time.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats what ill have to do then becouse i need more room under the hood and it looks so much better without it.

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
im thinking of putting mine in my trunk on my ek. i dont want to shove it under the dash and getting to it would be a pain. so im just extending the wires. plus the bracket i fabbed up for it will look dope.

·
Registered
4,294,967,295 Posts
i have a passenger air bag delete and put the fuse box there. works out great
Yeah, that is what I would do. Just take the cover off of the factory Air Bag, take the air bag stuff out, add velcro to the cover and to the dash. Done.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea under my dash is already full, i have the controler for the eps, my k-pro is were the glove box should be and i have my injector driver that i need to instal in that area too. i think the trunk is the way to go in my situation.

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
Yeah, that is what I would do. Just take the cover off of the factory Air Bag, take the air bag stuff out, add velcro to the cover and to the dash. Done.
didnt think to take the cover off the airbag i might try this before running the wires to the back.:up:

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
passwordjdm.com has carbon fiber and carbon kevlar air bag delete trays when taking the airbag out. Im going to put my fusebox there and buy one them bad boys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts