Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my car at Honda Day down at Atco Raceway, NJ. Anyone who was there should have seen me. The all black RSX with the Hoosier DOT Drag radials. I made it to the semi-finals, but broke out by .07. This was was fastest time. I ran [email protected] with a best 60ft of 1.97. My current set up is just an 05 Accord engine(K24a4 head & block) with Type-S cams and bolt ons. Next year I will be running a K24a1(CRV head and block) engine with 10.5:1 compression, Skunk2 stage 3 cams, & a custom KMOD race header.(and a few other mods) looking to go at least 13.2 with that set up. Stay tuned

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
congrats!! great times for a RSX.
Thanks it took alot of R&D to make this set-up work.

are u runnign a vtec killer set up??? since u said u have a accord head with type s cams??
No- the cams i am using are out of my original engine. K20a2 Type-s. with a little modification and mixing of parts i got them to work in an accord head. but the next set of cams i will be trying will be the Skunk2 cams for the K24a1,a3,a4.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
what size tires are these DOT? 225? 235? Link?

·
Registered
60 Posts
nice man i saw you there, congrats on the great times
best i ran on the day was 14.060 on street tires. just bolt ons here

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fast times for a full weight rsx. How much torque are you making? Shift point?
Only making 165lbs torque, bc of the low compression(9.8:1). I hope to make 200-210lbs tq with my next engine. I shift at like 8200-8500rpm.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are you running accord pistons as well??? and you didn't run into any piston/valve contact issue??

fast times btw...
Bone stock Accord pistons and rods. Running a max of 42 degrees VTC between 4500-5500 rpm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats man!! BTW do ya think it is a good idea to run stage 3 cams with that low of compression? Probly some stage 2 cams would make more power. Anyways, full interior RSX with those current mods, thats bookin it!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats man!! BTW do ya think it is a good idea to run stage 3 cams with that low of compression? Probly some stage 2 cams would make more power. Anyways, full interior RSX with those current mods, thats bookin it!!
Thanks. I have consulted with Charles Madrid from Skunk2, and his car has the same set-up 10.5:1 compression, and he made 255whp w/ the stage 3 cams. The cams I a referring to are the stage 3 K24a1 cams not the stage 3 K20a2 cams.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice times for all motor. I have a stock k20a2 block running 91 octane and my best time was a 11.8 at 123. I have a peakboost turbo kit though , you ever think of going with boost? I have an 03 RSX-S with full interior btw

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was there, i Won the whole thing i seen your car, i had the Red civic EG. I got the BY run
Lucky i broke out in the semifinal round. or I would have won the whole thing. LOL. Just kidding but I would of liked to race for the win in the final.

No. Prob not going to go turbo. i got my CRX(turbo LS/VTEC-450whp) for that. You guys should see that one too next year, every fri testing at Raceway Park.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lucky i broke out in the semifinal round. or I would have won the whole thing. LOL. Just kidding but I would of liked to race for the win in the final.

No. Prob not going to go turbo. i got my CRX(turbo LS/VTEC-450whp) for that. You guys should see that one too next year, every fri testing at Raceway Park.

I won honda day part 1 @ englishtown too. Car runs consistant, would've been nice you see you in the finals but it wouldn't of been easy beating me.Good luck next year

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I won honda day part 1 @ englishtown too. Car runs consistant, would've been nice you see you in the finals but it wouldn't of been easy beating me.Good luck next year
The first Honda Day I got there too late, so i couldn't race.
What does your car run. Maybe we can set something up at Raceway Park. I'll be there like every Fri night once the track re-opens.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts