Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to hear from some who have installed the full race traction bar on an eg or dc w/ k-series.

my main concern is the radiator...where the bar ends up in relation to the bracket.

and i guess i have to ditch the front sway bar. any info would be greatly appreciated, tia.:worship:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i have the pro am one installed on my k20/dc2 with turbo. and i dont see why you would have to ditch the sway bar??? the traction bar is on the opposite side of the engine bay from where the sway bar is. my bar doesnt hit the radiator at all. theres a good clearance from it. fyi i have a 1/2 size radiator on driver side stock mount and remounted the pass side to hold it up.

the radiator mounts shown on jdmdc5's pic can be bought from ktuned and will mount to their bars or full race's bar.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have the pro am one installed on my k20/dc2 with turbo. and i dont see why you would have to ditch the sway bar??? the traction bar is on the opposite side of the engine bay from where the sway bar is. my bar doesnt hit the radiator at all. theres a good clearance from it. fyi i have a 1/2 size radiator on driver side stock mount and remounted the pass side to hold it up.

the radiator mounts shown on jdmdc5's pic can be bought from ktuned and will mount to their bars or full race's bar.
:up:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
where does the AC go?:p Does anyone have a pic of the Pro AM bars mounted with a Kseries?
he has the manual AC. i have it as well. just go faster to get cooler air. lol.. j/k dude.

i have the pro am but i dont have the engine mount installed. its the same thing as the one in the picture aside from the extra engine mount. which u wouldnt be able to see either because its behind the innercooler.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the same way, it doesnt change. front cross bar mounts to towing hook location, and the beams mount to the front lca's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts