Votes: 20 66.7%
  • K24A2 TSX motor

Votes: 10 33.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend of mine who is about to acquire a EK hatch and eventually swap in a K series motor:) This will be a daily driver with HPDE/Time attack duties and looking to build the motor to produce close to, if not more, 300 whp.

Question is, would it be wiser/cheaper to achieve that using a K20/K24 frank or with a K24A2 TSX motor? Since this is a daily driver, we'll be running 93 octane on 12.5:1 CR.

·
Banned
16,396 Posts
I'm helping a friend of mine who is about to acquire a EK hatch and eventually swap in a K series motor:) This will be a daily driver with HPDE/Time attack duties and looking to build the motor to produce close to, if not more, 300 whp.

Question is, would it be wiser/cheaper to achieve that using a K20/K24 frank or with a K24A2 TSX motor? Since this is a daily driver, we'll be running 93 octane on 12.5:1 CR.
the Search Button works miracles i tell you. :up:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Well the TSX eingne wont make 300 anything on stock internals or cams or head for that matter, so you're going to need new rods, pistons, cams, P&P the head and valve job, etc, etc... So might as well just do a frank. k20a.org is selling some decent k24 short blocks.

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
300 na hp and daily driver dont really go well together. not saying its not possible, just it'll cost ya

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
A 50% increase in power over stock on a motor that is well built and efficient from the factory is difficult to do without using a power adder.
Example: you can buy a stroker kit for a BMW M5 (well built/efficient motor, same power per displacement as a k20) that comes with a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty (reliable)

but, it only increases output 25%

and costs $40,000 and change.

What CJM is saying is, how long can you afford to go fast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im curious as well. lets see some substantiated info. is it worth going to the k24a4 block for the taller deck height? (better r/s?) How crappy is the A4 crank above 8000 rpms?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts

They are the same thing... Get whatever you can find a better deal on

And get ready to drop about 10g's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts