Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my rsx-s returnless fuel system do i need to run a regulator or anything else? i have an aftermarket fuel rail and rdx injectors.
my car will be tuned with k pro. will k pro take car of the fuel delivery?

im also running 12.5 compression and stg. na cams.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
with my rsx-s returnless fuel system do i need to run a regulator or anything else? i have an aftermarket fuel rail and rdx injectors.
my car will be tuned with k pro. will k pro take car of the fuel delivery?

im also running 12.5 compression and stg. na cams.
You will be fine, in Kpro change your injector size from 310cc to 410cc and tune, that is it.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Don't you still need a fuel pressure regulator? Either running the regulator inside the tank, or have an external regulator with a return hose to the gas tank.
Nope. The injector drivers on the ECU just need to know that the solenoids need not be open as long.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nope. The injector drivers on the ECU just need to know that the solenoids need not be open as long.
Sorry Signalpuke, I'm still a little bit confused on how this works. Isn't the amount of fuel coming out of the injectors dependant on the amount of time they're open, their size and the pressure in the fuel rail? How would K-Pro know how long to open the injectors when it doesn't know the pressure in the fuel rail?

Obviously, if the injectors were open for .01 seconds (guessing) the flow would be significantly different if the fuel rail was at 50 psi as opposed to 100 psi.

Please excuse the questions. I'm currently trying to plan out my fuel system and had never heard of not using a fuel pressure regulator with K-Pro.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Sorry Signalpuke, I'm still a little bit confused on how this works. Isn't the amount of fuel coming out of the injectors dependant on the amount of time they're open, their size and the pressure in the fuel rail? How would K-Pro know how long to open the injectors when it doesn't know the pressure in the fuel rail?

Obviously, if the injectors were open for .01 seconds (guessing) the flow would be significantly different if the fuel rail was at 50 psi as opposed to 100 psi.

Please excuse the questions. I'm currently trying to plan out my fuel system and had never heard of not using a fuel pressure regulator with K-Pro.
There is a FPR, but it is built into the tank with the pump on the OEM returnless systems. All new cars utilize this system because it is a lot more cost effective, lighter weight, etc.
They are static, so until going Supercharger or Turbo the OEM FPR is fine.
The ecu sees fuel as a unit. When the injector size is changed in the ECU, the units are scaled accordingly. It does not see FPR.

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is a FPR, but it is built into the tank with the pump on the OEM returnless systems. All new cars utilize this system because it is a lot more cost effective, lighter weight, etc.
They are static, so until going Supercharger or Turbo the OEM FPR is fine.
The ecu sees fuel as a unit. When the injector size is changed in the ECU, the units are scaled accordingly. It does not see FPR.
OK, I got you. I thought you meant that the car did not need any sort of FPR. Currently I'm searching for a universal in-tank fuel pump with adjustable FPR for my car (Superlite Roadster).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts