Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CM7 Accord - K24A4 - 5 Speed Manual
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey k20a, it's been a minute

as I continue to prepare for my k24 turbo build, there are a number of things I want to do in advance; one of these things is the fuel system.
I already have a rail with AN fittings, and what I would like to go ahead and install are the lines, FPR, and fuel filter if its necessary (Is it, or will the stock one suffice?).

My question is, can the parts listed above be installed on the stock ECU without affecting drivability? I assume they can be assuming the FPR is adjusted correctly, but I just want to be sure that it wont cause the car to run super rich or lean. If it does, I won't have the necessary software to correct this

Note that I'm NOT going to install the injectors or pump yet, just the surrounding bits, so no extra fuel will actually be flowing. honestly, I think I just answered my own question, but I need to be 100% sure

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,717 Posts
My question is, can the parts listed above be installed on the stock ECU without affecting drivability? I assume they can be assuming the FPR is adjusted correctly, but I just want to be sure that it wont cause the car to run super rich or lean. If it does, I won't have the necessary software to correct this
Note that I'm NOT going to install the injectors or pump yet, just the surrounding bits, so no extra fuel will actually be flowing. honestly, I think I just answered my own question, but I need to be 100% sure
Yes, you answered it already.

Be aware that a different fuel line, e.g. with bigger diameters can affect the fuel distribution over all four injectors significantly. So you might have the same injector timing, the same fuel pressure, but a different fuel distribution, which likely affect lambda a bit, as air mass is also uneven spread over all for ports. I see that clearly on our injector test bench, the fuel feed nearest injector has always a bit less, which was confirmed by a back to back test. The rail diameter of the bench is bigger then the stock fuel rail diameter, which means changes to bigger could affect this even more. That said, yes you can swap the fuel rail, but I would have an eye on the lambda, just in case significant changes happen. So without monitoring it, I would wait until you have a OBD diagnoses equipment. Just my two cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts