Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
well, for my swap... i was running without a aftermarket fuel pump for awhile and i would notice when i get to speeds of higher than 80 mph on higher rpms, the car would stutter.... i picked up a edelbrock intank fuel pump, 255lph... ever since then, the car would pull hard all the way up to each gear.... i would recommend getting a fuel pump for sure

·
Registered
2 Posts
drhonda said:
Will stock fuel pump be sufficient or will aftermarket work wonders. I will be running stock injectors, stock motor, k-pro on a k20a2?
The stock pump will be fine up to around 300 whp.
I had the stock pump on my RSX with a greddy turbo kit and dyno'd @ 283 whp Sae corrected and 240 tq on the stock pump and with 550cc injectors. Then I added a water meth kit and got 303whp and 270tq sae [email protected] with the stock pump.
So you'll be fine unless you want to go crazy with it.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adirondackR said:
what about stock 99-00 DX fuel pump? (sorry I don't know if thats any different from RSX stock fuel pump)
I beleive it will run fine in the lower rpms. But once it gets to the higher rpms the fuel pump can't handle the extra fuel. Since the FPR is pushing more and more fuel into the motor and the fuel pump won't be able to keep up. So i bought a walbro 255lph fuel pump.

Read 2fastxeg reply. He sums it well.

well, for my swap... i was running without a aftermarket fuel pump for awhile and i would notice when i get to speeds of higher than 80 mph on higher rpms, the car would stutter.... i picked up a edelbrock intank fuel pump, 255lph... ever since then, the car would pull hard all the way up to each gear.... i would recommend getting a fuel pump for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.