Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides testing the ecu in somebody elses Rsx, how can you tell if you have a fried Ecu? I dont smell or see anything burned up on the computer board. Im using the PRC ecu with k-pro with the Hasport wiring harness.The motor is a k20a in a ek hatch. My main problem is the Fuel pump will not Prime. And Check Engine light will NOT flash on when you first turn the car on.

All grounds are properly grounded. It seems to be a wiring problem but i went over all the wires with hasport and all of them were in the correct place.

anybody have any suggestions???
thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
do you see ignition on and online in the bottom left hand corner of the kmanager screen? do you have the ignition in the 2nd position? is your battery charged? were you able to download the calibration?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
realek4 said:
Besides testing the ecu in somebody elses Rsx, how can you tell if you have a fried Ecu? I dont smell or see anything burned up on the computer board. Im using the PRC ecu with k-pro with the Hasport wiring harness.The motor is a k20a in a ek hatch. My main problem is the Fuel pump will not Prime. And Check Engine light will NOT flash on when you first turn the car on.

All grounds are properly grounded. It seems to be a wiring problem but i went over all the wires with hasport and all of them were in the correct place.

anybody have any suggestions???
thanks
Call Hasport...

I had a similar problem, ended up having to send the harness back to them so they could remedy the problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#2 said:
Call Hasport...

I had a similar problem, ended up having to send the harness back to them so they could remedy the problem.
Ya i ended up sending the harness back as well. Im Still waiting on it though. Did they tell you what the problem was?

I also tried jumping E1 with E10 , and it still didnt work.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
well you needed to figure out why the main relay wasnt getting power? thats what activates the fuel pump, E7 supplies the main relay signal, with power ON i believe this pin should have 12volts, then you check the main relay wires and continuity from one of them to E7 and make sure there isnt a short in between. i had to fix hasports harness. nothing is ever perfect.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chameleon said:
well you needed to figure out why the main relay wasnt getting power? thats what activates the fuel pump, E7 supplies the main relay signal, with power ON i believe this pin should have 12volts, then you check the main relay wires and continuity from one of them to E7 and make sure there isnt a short in between. i had to fix hasports harness. nothing is ever perfect.

I just got a word from Hasport today, turns out some wires were misplaced. they are overnighting the harness today. :up:
thanks everybody

·
Registered
484 Posts
just want to say i had the same problem yesterday when trying the start the car for the first time. Im using the hasport wire harness and we were able to download th caliberation too for kpro. but when i t came down to start the car we weren't getting any fuel. so doing alittle research on this site and found this thread and a couple other thread we came to realize it was the wire harness. So we decided to use a jumper and it worked for the meantime so the car would run and warm up. So today were sending the wire harness to hasport so they can fix the problem along with some other problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts