Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow k20a.org members,

Completed my swap couple months ago (k20a2/civic89 hatch) all was well until today...

1.Fuel pump has a super loud prime for some reason. I put the key on to position 2 and a very pronounced loud prime is heard. Its normal in that it primes for about 2 seconds and shuts off, but abnormally loud.Before today, this never happened. Currently running a Walboro 255, same one ive been using for couple years now....

2.After the engine is started, the fuel pump continues to make this loud priming noise. The best way i can explain is it to think of hearing a loud fuel pump prime, then just prolong it for the duration the motor is on.

3. The weirdest thing of all. For some reason, I cannot put gas into the tank. I went to put gas into my car today and it wont take it. It fills up after about 1 gal and will stop accepting gas into the tank. I know my tank is not empty by any means.

Fuel pressure stays between 50-55psi... No check engine lights...

I dunno what the hell is going on with my ride any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Went out this morning to try and find out what the deal with my car is and for some reason the symptoms were gone...When the symptoms were present, it was an extremely hot day...Im thinking something might be up with the evap system as mentioned.

Is there any reason that an extremely hot day would mess with the evap system? I intuitively would think so but am unsure...

Il keep yall posted

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fuel expands with heat, so, if the evap system isn't allowing the fuel tank to vent out to atmosphere the vapors become pressurized in the tank. The hotter the day, the more the vapors expand, the greater the pressure.

For fuel to be able to go into the fuel tank, air/vapor has to come out, you can't fill a pressurized tank.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel expands with heat, so, if the evap system isn't allowing the fuel tank to vent out to atmosphere the vapors become pressurized in the tank. The hotter the day, the more the vapors expand, the greater the pressure.

For fuel to be able to go into the fuel tank, air/vapor has to come out, you can't fill a pressurized tank.
Interesting, il poke around the evap system and post up with any findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts