Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i might have a problem when i put my car in the starting postion the fuel pump comes on ??? is it suppose to prime and get fuel to the injectors and shut off till your car starts or is it ok if it stays runnig on like if it was constant and on my reguator i got a gauge and it jumps back and forth between 40 psi and 60 psi can any one help me

i talked to 2 people and one guy said its ok if it stays on and the other guy said that its suppose come on and prime then shut off til tha car starts so im confussed

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well from my experience, It is supposed to come on for a second or two and prime your fuel system then shut off. Check to see if you have a leak somewhere maybe the injectors are leaking see if you can do a injector leak down. this is a quick check for you here I know it is a nissan forum i just searched fuel leak down test on line for you to help. See if that helps you any.:up:

·
Banned
330 Posts
make sure ur fuel pump is working properly... also make sure u grounded the injectors... check the fuses under ur dash its supposed to be a 15 fuse alone... make sure all those things r good

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make sure ur fuel pump is working properly... also make sure u grounded the injectors... check the fuses under ur dash its supposed to be a 15 fuse alone... make sure all those things r good
well my fuel pump is about 9 months old (walbro255)and it was working fine when i took out my b16 out of my car like in june so i dont dont and i do got the injectors grounded also i got a ground on the valve cover and on the intake manifold too but ill check the fuses under the dash here in a min

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well from my experience, It is supposed to come on for a second or two and prime your fuel system then shut off. Check to see if you have a leak somewhere maybe the injectors are leaking see if you can do a injector leak down. this is a quick check for you here I know it is a nissan forum i just searched fuel leak down test on line for you to help. See if that helps you any.:up:
thanks ill give it a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts