Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Thanks needs some wire tucking and a brake tuck but its gonna be the way it is for this season . I would check your pump make sure its supplying good fuel up front .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
so i finally got a chance to get back to the hatch and i did one more test toi 100% verify bad fpr. i turned the koeo and let it prime then immediately restricted the return line and presto the pressure was firm and steady at 100psi (restricted with a pair of nylon pliers) when i lifted the restriction pressure dropped in no time flat. so i installed the aeromotive fpr and we now have a running k hatch:D now it boggs out after high rpm other than that. runs good i thingk i now what it is. thanx vdubb for the conversation and hope this helps some one else in need.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Glad you got it fixxed funny thing is the day after I spoke to you my bosch 044 pump started making alot of noise more than normal lol pump was only two weeks old :mad:.I took it out inspected it tested both it and the Walbro in my tank everything seemed good .Re installed it noise was gone then went to the track this weekend and after a few runs the pump got noisy again .I just got in from the garage as I replaced it dont wanna chance it ! I did run the car low on gas two weeks ago to the point where that pump became noisy so I was likey the cause of the failure .:hammer:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thats crazy but what better time to happen when discussing fuel delivery problems. did you fix it? i jus finished my exhaust and my mark williams quick release will be in by the weekend:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Yeah its all fixed and its better than before .I installed a check valve and installed -6 an hose fittings on the top of my fuel tank .Before I had the return line just going to the stock return which is like 1/8 pipe .I didnt like going from -6an to 1/8 pipe ! Now its -6 an return hose to -6 an bulkhead fitting into the tank ! Sounds like your car is getting there what exhaust did you install ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i have a eg hatch with a k20z1 aem fpr earls filter. so the here"s the problem when i turn ign. on- car off- the fuel pressures gauge reads 40psi then it just bleeds off to zero. there are no leaks everything tight. i am assuming the fpr took a shit on me so i ordered a aeromotive a100. just want to know if anyone else has had this same issue. i searched and seen people have issue stuck at 20psi or wont pass 20psi but not full pressure at prime then just bleed off to zero also car wont start. lmk know if im going in the right direciton
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE RIGHT NOW AEM SAYS ITS NORMAL FOR IT TO BLEED OFF MY CAR IS A BOOSTED EK B18A AND IT WONT START NOW WHEN I PARKED IT RAN PERFECTLY FINE NOW IT WONT START AS SOON AS YOU GIVE IT A LITTLE BIT OF STARTING FLUID THROUGH THE INTAKE FIRES AND RUNS LEAN AND DIES

21 - 29 of 29 Posts