Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a eg hatch with a k20z1 aem fpr earls filter. so the here"s the problem when i turn ign. on- car off- the fuel pressures gauge reads 40psi then it just bleeds off to zero. there are no leaks everything tight. i am assuming the fpr took a shit on me so i ordered a aeromotive a100. just want to know if anyone else has had this same issue. i searched and seen people have issue stuck at 20psi or wont pass 20psi but not full pressure at prime then just bleed off to zero also car wont start. lmk know if im going in the right direciton

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The fuel pressure is going to bleed off after the fuel pump primes unless your fuel pump has a check valve in it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk if that is a true statement jus for the shear fact that theres a few cars were i am right now that i checked and the pressure holds after prime... then starts right up no issues so idk

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I know my fuel pressure drops right after pump primes but starts up and holds pressure fine, so I don't know. I know b-series seem to hold pressure after prime though

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
It use to keep pressure and slowly drop off as it sat .Now that Installed a second pump a bosch 044 it drops off pretty much immediately after prime.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
neither am i. i check the rail after prime nothing came out. usually the pressure in the rail would make the fuel spray when released so im convinced the aem fpr is done and aeromotive 1000 is in route

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Are you sure the pump is sending fuel to the fpr or rail from the tank ? In other words have you pulled the line to make sure the pump is good ?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Guess it could be the regulator . I would just want to be sure the pump is good and you dont have any air leaks in system from the tank to the pump .Have you tried pulling the line up front and having a friend or someone turn the key on while you hold the fuel line in an empty gallon jug a few times . Just to be sure the supply to the reg/rail is good .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i had a leak weds nite then i tighted it up nd still no start the 255 is brand new and i havent really drivent the car jus in out of the shop the fpr was a used item when i got it

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Well hopefully the reg solves your issue but wont hurt to check to make sure the pumps good first .Just cause its new dont mean its good or you could have another issue causing it not to prime properly .Did you put the pump in yourself ?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I also have an eg with a k20z1 .Fun car really like it I had an ek and I actually like the eg better :up: just boosted it a few weeks ago its crazy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts