Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i converted my car over to e85 and on the dyno my car started leaning out at around 589whp. because of the fact the stock lines are so restrictive its time for an upgrade. my question is does anyone know if i need to make my return line bigger as well, cause that line has nothing to do with fuel getting to my motor, just has to take the unused fuel back to the fuel tank. im running 1600 cc injectors and i have the walbrow 255 in tank, as well as (2) bosch 044 inline fuel pumps running parallel. if anybody has had any experiance with upgrading fuel lines and has any suggestions that would be great.. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes the walbrow is feeding the 2 bosch pumps that are parallel
The walbro may be having Issues feeding the 2 bosch, I had that same issue feeding an inline pump when I first got into e85 back in 06. Build a swirl pot and have the walbro fill the pot then the bosch's pull from the pot. use -6 lines to feed the pot and return from the motor and overflow from the pot to the tank. use -8 to pull from the box. That should help. But when I dynod 666whp with e85 I had a weldon 2025a and a fuel set up to support about 1400whp on 93..... It takes so much more of a fuel system when going big on e85 than on 93. Its such a pain I got off of it a month ago. Im still using the swirl pot method and I can run full throttle with gas light on this way for the track.

·
Registered
962 Posts
or just do a dual walbro intank setup. Use each walbro to feed a bosch. Should working out fine.

Love E85, but takes such a strong fuel system to run it.

If they had E85 around here I would run it but I would really have to beef up my fuel system big time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts