Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my EG Honda Civic race car up for sale. I need to build something newer for the Canadian Touring Car Championship (there is a chassis age limit in this series). Car is located in the Toronto, Ontario area, but willing to deliver within a 300-400 mile radius or split on shipping costs to a buyer outside this distance.

Body & Chassis:
1993 Honda CX hatchback chassis. No accidents, no rust. This chassis is straight and in as good condition as any EG you'll find in Canada. Original VIN plates all still in place, so making it street legal by installing stock rear and passenger windows and a catalytic converter wouldn't be too difficult.

Fenders have been pulled and rolled professionally at the same time as it was repainted (to Lime Green Metallic, by Discovery Auto Collision). 235/40-17 R888's on 17x8'' wheels fit within the fenders without rubbing.

Full chromoly roll cage by O'Brien Motorsports.

C-West N1 front and rear bumper covers, C-West side skirts included (but not installed), generic carbon fiber/fiberglass hood, J's Racing rear wing, FAL lexan rear hatch glass, lexan passenger door window, Auto Analyser Racing custom carbon/kelvar front splitter.

Curb weight around 2100 lbs without driver.

Engine & Transmission:
K24A2 TSX engine, stock block, with Skunk2 Stage 3 camshafts and valvetrain. Hytech baffled oil pan and modified S2000 oil pump. TODA timing chain tensioner. RBC intake manifold. DC5 Type R throttle body. DC Sports header. 3'' Vibrant exhaust with Coastfab turndown muffler. Fluidyne radiator. Earl's oil cooler. Hondata K-Pro ECU. This setup made 248whp on a dynojet with 94 octane Sunoco fuel.

Freshly rebuilt K20A2 RSX Type S transmission with DC5 Type R limited slip differential, 4.7 final drive, JDM DC5 4th, 5th, and 6th gears. Newly replaced shift linkages and shift box. Axle System Inc. driveshafts.

Suspension: Moton triple adjustable dampers. Eibach springs. Type R front sway bar. ASR rear subframe brace and 32mm hollow sway bar. DC2 Type R control arms and 5-lug knuckles/hubs. Skunk2 front upper and rear lower control arms. SSR rear upper control arms. Orijin Motorsports front camber control spherical bearings. PCi/Special Projects rear trailing arm spherical bearings.

Brakes: Type R front and rear calipers and rotors, Hawk HT10 front brake pads, HPS rear pads. Goodridge stainless braided brake lines. DC2 Type R 1'' master cylinder and booster.

Wheels: nine (9) SSR Competition 17x8'' forged wheels, 5x114.3, +38 offset, 14.3 lbs each. Used R888's on one set. Five remaining rims are bare.

Interior: OMP racing seat and 6-point harness, deep dish steering wheel with Smart Racing quick release. Driver's side window net. Floor-mounted extinguisher. AiM Pista digital dash and data acquisition system.

1:33.8 at Mosport GP Track
1:58.5 at Shannonville Long Track
1:18.0 Calabogie East Track
2:10.2 at VIR Full Track
1:04.4 at BeaveRun

Faster lap times at all these circuits should be easy with a better driver and the suspension properly dialed in.

$19k obo. E-mail me at planetdave "at" mac "dot" com for details. There's a build thread that includes pics and a link to in-car video here: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9119

This car will not be parted out, so please don't ask about buying individuals parts.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, to be honest, unless I get what I'm asking for it, I'm going to hang on to it and go full Time Attack with the setup. Reduce weight, fully sort out the suspension, more aggressive aero, 15x9'' wheels with wide rubber, and some sort of forced induction (thinking Rotrex/Kraftwerks for about 400whp).

I've had a few e-mails, but no serious offers yet, so don't be surprised if you keep seeing the old EG in Modified for another year or two :cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No longer for sale. Decided to keep it and convert it to full Time Attack setup (lighter, more powerful, sequential gearbox, improved aero, etc, etc).

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
No longer for sale. Decided to keep it and convert it to full Time Attack setup (lighter, more powerful, sequential gearbox, improved aero, etc, etc).
Hey Dave what kind of sequential trans will you be using. I know people use the Xtrac but iirc those are $40000 cdn

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at a few different options, but can't say too much at this point. Will only go sequential if there's good trade-out value associated with it, meaning I get the gearbox cheap and they get exposure in the magazine, online, etc.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Looking at a few different options, but can't see too much at this point. Will only go sequential if there's good trade-out value associated with it, meaning I get the gearbox cheap and they get exposure in the magazine, online, etc.
Sadev :up:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I've been following that thread of the Dutch EK with the Sadev box. Very sexy stuff.

I should have said I can't "say" too much, not "see" too much. There are quite a few good options for sequential boxes for my K24, including Xtrac, Sadev, Saenz, and Quaife to name a few. For me it's more a matter of finding a company that's interested in working together to generate some exposure for their product. With Time Attack growing as strongly as it is right now, this does represent something of a new market segment for sequential gearbox makers to target.

Talking to one company now, so we'll see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts